UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: bleplatt Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 309101  
Subject: Re: Thinking... Date: 12/8/2003 12:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Also, all of the student loans and the MCSE loan qualify for taxable deductions on the interest, is that compelling enough not to try the balance transfers?
response from AGG97
Hmmmm. You can either have the government pay for 25% of your interest (you bear the other 75%), or you can go transfer to a 0% and not pay interest at all? Again, it's a no-brainer.

Agg97 and OP--

Agg97, I have to disagree with you about this being a no-brainer. Loans have all sorts of nice things attached to them, like deferrement or grace periods or forebearance or income-contingent repayments, that the credit cards don't.

It may be good to ask about the perks of student loans on the paying back student loans board...

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.