UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: blue3dragon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37065  
Subject: also not wanting to overtake moi's thread Date: 12/28/2012 11:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
So I'm going to start one too. I have a headache, but not a cluster-oh-god-kill-me-now-headache, just a we're about to get a storm & my sinuses are letting me know they aren't happy with the shift in barometric pressure kind. So I'm cranky - be warned.

Didn't get my CT scan of my brain tonight as I didn't appear to be on the schedule, they were really backed up & had several emergent patients that had to go first. I could wait there for hours, come back in the middle of the night or reschedule for the weekend. I didn't find any of this out until 40 minutes past my appointment time. I chose Sunday. I'll call before I drive there to make sure I'm on the darn schedule. Full moon - I know what that's like in the hospital.

So I fasted for nothing. All the restaurants were packed so I wound up @ Chik-fil-a which I normally love but wasn't in the mood for tonight. Now, the time I was looking for dinner was the time I'd have been done my CT scan but somehow I still blame the hospital for my problems finding dinner. I know it's not remotely logical but I'm cranky.

Got home exhausted & faced with the task of clearing a path to the vent in the dining room (remember, my entire basement is currently residing in my dining room & living room thanks to the mold) so the vent guy can get to it in the morning. I did that (also angrily because I'm cranky & my head hurts). But then instead of curling up on the couch I decided to hook up my new dehumidifier. Then I tried to change a vent cover (it didn't work - I'll ask the vent guy tomorrow if he can drill another hole). Started to get hysterical when the darn thing wouldn't screw in & I had to put the old dirty one (this is in the basement so it was dirty for real) back on. I knew I was close to the edge so I picked some easier tasks : sweeping, setting up my 2 shelving units & putting my mats down for underneath my exercise equipment (whenever they find their way back downstairs - requires 2 people). Now I'm filthy & sweaty but a hot shower & cool sheets will take care of that.

I forced myself to stay on task (instead of adding other things as I went) & not let myself be overwhelmed with everything still to do. I don't like feeling hysterical so I hope this will pass. I blame my headaches & the mold.

I also took down my Christmas decorations/lights, sorted what I didn't use this year into a charity box, & put the rest away in their bins. Did not move the bins downstairs cause gosh I'm tired. In moving things around though I saw just how dusty/dirty things are on the 1st floor from what went on in the basement last week. Wanted to cry but then decided that I'm going to do what I can but for my birthday (early January) I'm going to have a cleaning service come out & do a deep clean. Just cause. Even called one to come out & give me a free estimate.

Michele
really, I'll eventually have a clean house & even cleaner air, 2013 will be the year of healthy breathing!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Starting a Small Business
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement