No. of Recommendations: 0
Although I did sell enough Netflix to cover my investment before its price dropped, it was because I believed that there were other options out there and that the competition was catching up, plus mgt was making some dumb decisions.

I have not done the same with Apple because and I don't intend to, because I still believe in the company and expect its price to soar in the future, rather than continuing to decline.

Since you've been with AAPL a long time, I'm guessing you didn't have to sell many shares to recover your investment, but I am hoping you won't be kicking yourself when the stock passes 700 again next year.

Print the post  

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.