Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
(Looking for discarded aluminum cans along the way turns my exercise walks into Easter egg hunts which aren't nearly as boring as just walking the same route every damn day.)

Today I took my "Easter egg hunt"/exercise walk on the two mile route up by the freeway. Found a few aluminum can eggs along the access road and then stumbled into the mother lode of soda & beer cans at a tiny city park used primarily by city workers (it's hidden away behind their motor park so the "public" doesn't know of its existence). I'd taken an extra large bag but even that couldn't handle the abundance of aluminum. I ended up smashing them flat so as to stick'em all in the sack.

I give'em to "the church lady" who donates them to her church which, in turn, does churchy things with the proceeds.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement