Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: anuragupta Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2404  
Subject: Alyce - the best performing portfolio at Fooldom Date: 1/30/2013 10:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 14
I think it is. At 60% net ROIC in 2 years, Alyce is crushing every TMF portfolio or index out there. What is really amazing is how Alyce's portfolio has the lowest risk around in terms of companies selected and also with 40% of portfolio in cash! I think this is astounding.

This has confirmed my long standing belief that chasing down the risk automatically takes care of rewards. Note - I consider treasury bonds to be rather risky as they protect only paper not wealth. So stocks come in naturally. By insisting on SRI, Alyce has automatically reduced the risk in her portfolio. I think she will do rather well with being appointed as a portfolio manager of any mutual fund or TMF portfolio service. I hope this is being noted.

Anurag
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Heintooga One star, 50 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1292 of 2404
Subject: Re: Alyce - the best performing portfolio at Foo Date: 1/30/2013 5:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I hope this is being noted. - Anurag

Personally, Anurag, I note everything that you (and Alyce) say.

- Teddy

Author: TMFLomax Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1297 of 2404
Subject: Re: Alyce - the best performing portfolio at Foo Date: 2/5/2013 12:11 PM
Recommendations: 4
Aw, thanks Anurag for the props! I'm blushing. :) I am really happy that what started off as an experiment (me hoping to practice what I've been preaching in articles for a long time: a portfolio with well run, responsible companies with good business practices and financials will for the most part do better than others) has actually panned out. Trust me, at times it has been surprising how well it actually has worked out. Just because the conventional wisdom has been for so long that investing this way would be something akin to investment-return suicide. ;)

I'm hoping to keep it up. (The 40% cash actually isn't part of my master plan... ;) Just (unfortunately) some recent distractions that have cropped up. I am planning to put more of that money to work in stocks as this new year progresses!) And I always, always appreciate the knowledge that is shared here, by you all! Including rebuttals on my opinions.

Sorry I haven't been posting or too active recently. My mom was diagnosed with cancer recently, so like I said some distractions. Treatment started yesterday, and I'm spending a lot of energy praying all will be OK (the good news is, I know cancer treatments have gotten better).

Thanks again for the nice note! :)

Alyce

Author: aikidorat One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1301 of 2404
Subject: Re: Alyce - the best performing portfolio at Foo Date: 2/7/2013 12:00 PM
Recommendations: 2
Prayers for you and your mom and family, Alyce.

Author: TMFLomax Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1302 of 2404
Subject: Re: Alyce - the best performing portfolio at Foo Date: 2/8/2013 1:42 PM
Recommendations: 2
Thank you so much, aikidorat. We appreciate the prayers so much!!

Best,

Alyce

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement