UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: KG57 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 267325  
Subject: Am I diversified(yeah I know a cramer question) Date: 11/13/2012 5:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
At the beginning odf the year a co-worker and I decided we could do as well as the Mutual funds offered in our 401. We moved our 401s into a self directed, my current selection is DHI, HFC, HON, PAG and WPRT. HFC has 50% of my investment and the balance evenly split between the others. The only recent changes was I sold PAG at 29 to buy Westport then sold TOT today to rebuy PAG, The 2 I'm unsettled with are DHI and HON, but I welcome any and all constructive suggestions. Thanks KG
Print the post Back To Top
Author: KG57 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259624 of 267325
Subject: Re: Am I diversified(yeah I know a cramer questi Date: 11/13/2012 5:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
At the beginning odf the year a co-worker and I decided we could do as well as the Mutual funds offered in our 401. We moved our 401s into a self directed, my current selection is DHI, HFC, HON, PAG and WPRT. HFC has 50% of my investment and the balance evenly split between the others. The only recent changes was I sold PAG at 29 to buy Westport then sold TOT today to rebuy PAG, The 2 I'm unsettled with are DHI and HON, but I welcome any and all constructive suggestions. Thanks KG

Author: KG57 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259625 of 267325
Subject: Re: Am I diversified(yeah I know a cramer questi Date: 11/13/2012 5:39 PM
At the beginning of the year a co-worker and I decided we could do as
well as the Mutual funds offered in our 401. We moved our 401s into a self
directed, my current selection is DHI, HFC, HON, PAG and WPRT. HFC has
50% of my investment and the balance evenly split between the others.
The only recent changes was I sold PAG at 29 to buy Westport then sold
TOT today to rebuy PAG, The 2 I'm unsettled with are DHI and HON,
but I welcome any and all constructive suggestions. Thanks KG

Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259626 of 267325
Subject: Re: Am I diversified(yeah I know a cramer questi Date: 11/13/2012 7:18 PM
Did you track the performance of your original funds to compare your results?

Fuskie
Who thinks you should look up these on CAPS and join their individual public discussion boards to see what other Fools are saying...

Author: KG57 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259629 of 267325
Subject: Re: Am I diversified(yeah I know a cramer questi Date: 11/13/2012 10:35 PM
Thanks Fuskie, the avg of the 3 funds ytd is 10.1%
one small cap, one large and one international.
My self managed is 25% with HFC carrying the load, and I
am trying to be deversified so that when Government drives
the US of the fiscal cliff I have something resembling a parachute.
Thanks for the reply and I am researching CAPS to see what
other Fools are saying. Good Day to you, KG

Author: CABob Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259630 of 267325
Subject: Re: Am I diversified(yeah I know a cramer questi Date: 11/13/2012 10:54 PM
I have no opinions on the specific stocks mentioned, but, in response to the subject of your post I have to say that you are not diversified. If fact, with a 50% holding in a single stock you are far from diversified.
And when you are posting make sure that "Table Data" is not checked. That way your lines will automatically wrap and will make you post easier to read.

Bob

Author: Quillnpenn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259635 of 267325
Subject: Re: Am I diversified(yeah I know a cramer questi Date: 11/14/2012 12:26 AM
Your not diversified !

DHI, Consumer Discretionary
HFC, Energy
HON, Industrial
PAG, Consumer Discretionary
WPRT, Industrial

Cramer would have hit you with a red flag for having two pairs.

you will have to spread it out some more, like one in health, one in tech, and perhaps gold or a silver stock.

Quillnpenn -

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement