Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BreezyOne Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 193101  
Subject: Am I Foolish?? Date: 3/30/2000 9:19 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I just purchased shares in Carrington Laboratories (carn). They took a big hit (down almost 50%) last Friday. It caught my attention so I did some research on them and the only bad thing I found was that a new product they were testing didn't work out. Not everything I do works out either! So I did some more "looking". If I read their finances right, they are DEBT-FREE. It looks to me like they are a solid company. Am I missing something or am I being Foolish?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Professor9 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4046 of 193101
Subject: Re: Am I Foolish?? Date: 3/30/2000 9:27 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well, Breezy, I'm certainly not the best qualified to answer your very first post on the Fool, but I'll offer a couple of random thoughts based on what I've gleaned in my time here.

You say you "just" purchased the shares, so I'm assuming you've had ownership less than, say, six months. I know a tiny bit about balance sheets, but not enough to tell from what you've posted about whether their financial house is in order. Debt free, however, is always good, be it corporate or Me, Inc.

With the little bit you've divulged I can only offer the Foolish mantra of suggesting patience. The key to successful investing for the gross majority around these parts is Long Term Buy and Hold as opposed to quick kill and/or frequent trading. Some of the biggest and the best have gone through lean times but they always came back.

Two cents from the Professor.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement