Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: zackali Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 18  
Subject: Am I the only one? Date: 11/30/2004 12:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
It seems there are tons of boards for parents with multiple kids but none for people like me who have only one child. I think having an only child brings on a lot of different issues that parents of several kids don't experience. I would love to have a network of people to talk to who have only one child. All my friends have at least 2 kids!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TeraGram Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 18
Subject: Re: Am I the only one? Date: 7/12/2005 12:20 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
You're not the only one.

Author: Minxie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 18
Subject: Re: Am I the only one? Date: 7/20/2005 7:43 AM
And you won't be the only two, come February! ;-)

Minxie

Author: zackali Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 18
Subject: Re: Am I the only one? Date: 8/3/2005 3:02 PM
Wow! It only took 8 months to get someone to respond. I had given up.

Minxie, I take it you are having a baby and he/she will be your only? And Teragam, how old is your only?

Author: TeraGram Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 18
Subject: Re: Am I the only one? Date: 8/3/2005 3:09 PM
My daughter will turn five at the end of September.

And you?

Author: Minxie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 18
Subject: Re: Am I the only one? Date: 8/3/2005 4:44 PM
Minxie, I take it you are having a baby and he/she will be your only?

Yes, s/he is due February 5th and all is well! At my ultrasound on Saturday, s/he was stretched out on his/her back with feet propped as if taking a nap on the couch. Quite funny to see! ;-)

Minxie

P.S. Three posts in one day; better slow the board down... ;-)

Author: NechesInvst Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 18
Subject: Re: Am I the only one? Date: 8/30/2005 1:22 PM
Count me in.

My lil' one just turned 6.

Mike

Author: Minxie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9 of 18
Subject: Re: Am I the only one? Date: 8/30/2005 10:55 PM
Hi, Mike,

Welcome! As you see, there's not too much activity on this board but we're up to four Fools now. :-)

Minxie

Author: zackali Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10 of 18
Subject: Re: Am I the only one? Date: 9/8/2005 2:45 PM
Hi everyone,

My son turned 4 in June. Do you guys have an only by choice (I hope I'm not being too forward by asking)? Mine was not by choice. I was hoping for 2 but mother nature had other plans.

Ali

Author: zackali Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11 of 18
Subject: Re: Am I the only one? Date: 9/8/2005 2:49 PM
Minxie,

That is so exciting. My son looked like he was waving when I had my ultrasound. Are you not going to find out the sex of your baby? I didn't either. I loved doing it that way but for some reason I always thought I would have a boy.

Do you think you know what you are having?

Ali

Author: Minxie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12 of 18
Subject: Re: Am I the only one? Date: 9/8/2005 4:32 PM
That is so exciting. My son looked like he was waving when I had my ultrasound. Are you not going to find out the sex of your baby? I didn't either. I loved doing it that way but for some reason I always thought I would have a boy.

Do you think you know what you are having?

Hi, Ali,

Welcome to the board, member #5! We're growing by leaps and bounds.

I don't know but I am planning to find out as soon as possible. There's too much for me to do otherwise. I am pretty sure I'm having a boy, though. :-)

Minxie

Author: NechesInvst Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13 of 18
Subject: Re: Am I the only one? Date: 9/9/2005 1:41 PM
Originally, not as a plan; but nature decided otherwise.

DD just turned 6.

Mike

Author: MarciaBee68 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14 of 18
Subject: Re: Am I the only one? Date: 9/17/2005 8:05 PM

Just one, and never planned for more than one. He turned 15 in July.

~marcia

Author: zackali Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15 of 18
Subject: Re: Am I the only one? Date: 9/21/2005 10:16 AM
Mike and Marcia,

Did (or do) your kids ever ask for a sibling?

Ali

Author: NechesInvst Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16 of 18
Subject: Re: Am I the only one? Date: 9/21/2005 1:12 PM
My daughter has never come right out and said: "I want a baby sister (or brother)." She has asked why she doesn't have one.

When she does ask, we don't give the "Oh, well, we got perfection when we got you." We honestly tell her, it took years for us to finally get her, and mommy's getting too old to have any other kids.

She's got a couple of friends who were adopted, and she's never suggested that we adopt. Though I'm waiting for that one to pop up.

Luckily, she's got two cousins that live very close by, so she's kinda got siblings.

Mike

Author: MarciaBee68 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 17 of 18
Subject: Re: Am I the only one? Date: 9/21/2005 5:02 PM

No, he's never said he'd like a sibling or asked why he didn't have any. His two closest friends are only's and his cousin-who is just weeks younger-is an only.

Author: nikkiheaven Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18 of 18
Subject: Re: Am I the only one? Date: 10/14/2005 2:34 PM
Recommendations: 1
Come March I will have my first and only; unless God tells me different!!!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement