UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JavaTraveler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3734  
Subject: Amazing Race - Calcutta Date: 9/1/2004 8:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
S
p
o
i
l
e
r

A
l
e
r
t

+
+
+
+
+
+
+

Is there NO justice in this world? Colin and Christie need to go!!! And I howled with laughter when Brandon and Nicole realized they would have to shave their heads to get the fast forward. Vanity got them last place. Another non-elimination round? Good luck to Brandon and Nicole as they try to raise money in Calcutta. Yikes!!!

Charlie
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LtUhura Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2429 of 3734
Subject: Re: Amazing Race - Calcutta Date: 9/1/2004 10:31 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Speaking of raising money, I was totally appalled by the twins' fundraising activities. "We're young, we're cute, we'll use all our sexual attraction..." Sounds like hookers to me. And did you see that Saudi guy's reaction when one of the twins tried to hug him? What in the hell was she thinking?

I did not want this to be a non elimination round. The models and their whining are getting on my nerves almost as much as their constant references to their questionable religion.

Uhura

Author: JavaTraveler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2430 of 3734
Subject: Re: Amazing Race - Calcutta Date: 9/1/2004 10:41 AM
Recommendations: 9
The models and their whining are getting on my nerves almost as much as their constant references to their questionable religion.

Note: The following is a religious rant.

If I hear one more time how God wants them in this race, I'll scream. I seriously doubt God cares about a race for $1 million.

Ok...rant over.

Charlie

Author: going2win Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2434 of 3734
Subject: Re: Amazing Race - Calcutta Date: 9/1/2004 11:46 AM
Speaking of raising money, I was totally appalled by the twins' fundraising activities. "We're young, we're cute, we'll use all our sexual attraction..." Sounds like hookers to me. And did you see that Saudi guy's reaction when one of the twins tried to hug him? What in the hell was she thinking?

I did not want this to be a non elimination round. The models and their whining are getting on my nerves almost as much as their constant references to their questionable religion.

Uhura

Quite frankly, I think the fundraising activities are more like a detour that the losing party must take before starting on the next leg of the race. It is totally inconceivable to me that the producers would allow two "attractive" women go up to strangers in the middle east and ask for money and then, for no apparent reason, have the strangers donate a lot of cash to the two girls. They have to be told who to approach and the strangers must be given cash to give to the beggars.

I wish they would just be straight with us on this because it just lowers the credibility of the show.

Another gripe: flat tires. Give me a break. You can't tell me that each leg has to have a "flat tire". I wonder how they choose the couple to suffer the setback; perhaps it's a coin-toss type of thing.

g2w, still enjoys the Race

Author: going2win Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2435 of 3734
Subject: Re: Amazing Race - Calcutta Date: 9/1/2004 11:48 AM
Recommendations: 6
If I hear one more time how God wants them in this race, I'll scream. I seriously doubt God cares about a race for $1 million.

Ok...rant over.

Charlie

Too bad the Lord is busy keeping these annoying people in the race when there is so much to do in the Sudan, Israel, Palestine, Chechnya, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

g2w

Author: RedFi Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2437 of 3734
Subject: Re: Amazing Race - Calcutta Date: 9/1/2004 12:00 PM
Recommendations: 3
I wish they would just be straight with us on this because it just lowers the credibility of the show.

Another gripe: flat tires. Give me a break. You can't tell me that each leg has to have a "flat tire". I wonder how they choose the couple to suffer the setback; perhaps it's a coin-toss type of thing.

Ummmm. I have to disagree with both of these contentions. Fact is that the ladies are likely safe simply because of the presence of the cameraman. No one's going to be extremely shady while they're being filmed. Plus, Dubai is relatively westerner-friendly. (Not only that, I have had to rely on the kindness of strangers before - in the back and beyond in a tiny Thai village and people were more than willing to help.)

I'm sure the flat tire thing is not staged. I spent many years living in Southeast Asia. We did a lot of exploring and, invariably, encountered at least one type of car trouble on our longer trips. In many places cars are held together by a wing and a prayer. Parts / new cars are difficult to come by so people learn how to repair and keep things going. (This is particularly true in India, a country in which imports were limited until the 1990s.) Fact is these cars break down a lot.

Fi

Author: gogreengo Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2439 of 3734
Subject: Re: Amazing Race - Calcutta Date: 9/1/2004 12:46 PM
Recommendations: 1
I love how Chip and Kim have Colin all figured out and are manipulating his weakness--his ego! Colin gets bent out of shape when Christy questions him, but lights up when Chip points out his "big" biceps. It's funny that Colin's ego needs are so obvious to all of us now, but he and Christy don't seem to have a clue.

Author: MargaretHoulihan Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2445 of 3734
Subject: Re: Amazing Race - Calcutta Date: 9/1/2004 5:25 PM
Too bad the Lord is busy keeping these annoying people in the race when there is so much to do in the Sudan, Israel, Palestine, Chechnya, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

No way. He's at the Big Brother house, watching His children self-destruct.

Author: DizChick Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2447 of 3734
Subject: Re: Amazing Race - Calcutta Date: 9/1/2004 7:47 PM
I love how Chip and Kim have Colin all figured out and are manipulating his weakness--his ego! Colin gets bent out of shape when Christy questions him, but lights up when Chip points out his "big" biceps. It's funny that Colin's ego needs are so obvious to all of us now, but he and Christy don't seem to have a clue.

I hope that the plan works soon and Colin self-distructs before the final leg of the race. I'm growing tired of watching him be so rude, and Christie being so passive about it. If she hasn't figured out their relationship yet, I hope she's watching the show to see just how big a jerk he is.

Author: zeegirly Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2448 of 3734
Subject: Re: Amazing Race - Calcutta Date: 9/1/2004 11:28 PM
If she hasn't figured out their relationship yet, I hope she's watching the show to see just how big a jerk he is.

I thought about this also. I also hoped that someone in her family loves her enough to point out, if she is still blind to it, that their relationship is way past unhealthy.

Zee

Author: MargaretHoulihan Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2451 of 3734
Subject: Re: Amazing Race - Calcutta Date: 9/2/2004 12:03 PM
I'm growing tired of watching him be so rude, and Christie being so passive about it. If she hasn't figured out their relationship yet, I hope she's watching the show to see just how big a jerk he is.

I don't think she will figure it out because I think she's a jerk, too. After the debacle with the taxi fare/near arrest, Christie was laughing at the Bowling Moms when they had trouble with their own taxi driver/fare. To laugh at them after she knew how bad it felt to be in a similar situation just shows that she is incapable of empathy. I don't like her.

Author: zeegirly Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2454 of 3734
Subject: Re: Amazing Race - Calcutta Date: 9/2/2004 10:12 PM
After the debacle with the taxi fare/near arrest, Christie was laughing at the Bowling Moms when they had trouble with their own taxi driver/fare. To laugh at them after she knew how bad it felt to be in a similar situation just shows that she is incapable of empathy.

I thought that looked like nervous laughter to me. I did keep hoping she would just say, "Just pay the money, now. Really. Believe me."

Zee

Author: LtUhura Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2455 of 3734
Subject: Re: Amazing Race - Calcutta Date: 9/2/2004 10:19 PM
I thought that looked like nervous laughter to me.

No, she was positively gloating.

BTW, I'd shave my head, Zee. Would you?

Uhura
we would so kick everybody's butt

Author: zeegirly Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2456 of 3734
Subject: Re: Amazing Race - Calcutta Date: 9/2/2004 10:24 PM
BTW, I'd shave my head, Zee. Would you?

Definitely! I always travel with a hat for that day when the shower doesn't work! ;) I always wondered why my head would look like shaved. What I imagine is not a pretty picture, Uhura. I'm more scared for you than me. lol

Zee
kickin' butts and takin' names!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement