No. of Recommendations: 2
All I can say is that Colin needs some anger management training.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 7
All I can say is that Colin needs some anger management training

Is it possible he and Christie can take their prize vacation seperately?

Fuskie
Who was horrified when Christie summarized that she was wrong to have questioned him...
No. of Recommendations: 5
All I can say is that Colin needs some anger management training.

And a serious slap in the face.

Charlie
No. of Recommendations: 0
Who was horrified when Christie summarized that she was wrong to have questioned him...

Me too. Colin has serious anger problems. I couldn't believe his approach to the taxi guy. I understand he was frustrated, but he was such an Ugly American. And I couldn't believe how mean he was to Christie and that there was no later voiceover in which he acknowledged acting like a schmuck. He basically said he wanted her to support him no matter what kind of an a$$ he was being. That's just silly.

I was impressed that the taxi drivers managed to finagle $100 out of everyone. Out of interest I just looked up the average monthly income in Tanzania -- more than 60% of the population lives on less than $60 / month -- so the taxi drivers made out like bandits. But good for them. The fact is that extra $50 meant more to that taxi driver than Colin could ever know.

Overall, I didn't find this week's episode too exciting -- you didn't really to get to see a lot of Dubai other than the inside of taxis and some shots of sand-dunes.

So, who's going to end up cutting their hair next week?

Fi

I'm not that horrified. That relationship has "abusive" written all over it. Whether it's only psychologically abusive or also physically abusive is worrisome. Neither is good.

Apparently Colin doesn't realize that you should NEVER get into a situation in a foreign country where the police are involved, unless you know their legal system.

dsbrady
I'm not that horrified.

Actually, that was a poor choice of words. I was horrified, but I wasn't particularly surprised, because it seems like an abusive relationship.

dsbrady
Taxi drivers -

Ok, I think it is safe to say that the producers had these taxis ready for the racers. How else would you get a taxi in Africa, in the middle of the night. The drivers knew to charge a huge amount, and the racers should have had any idea of the price gouging, especially after the bus rides in the previous leg.

Colin -

He is an a$$, and should have been thrown in jail. Never...NEVER argue with the police in a developing nation. If I had been Christie, and had a backbone, I would have walked away, and said the race is over. $1,000,000 is not worth his crap.

Chip and Kim -

I am really fond of these two, and want them to succeed.

Bowling Moms -

I am also fond of these two, and hope they do well.

The Twins -

No money? In Dubai? Two American women trying to raise money in Dubai? Now that will be interesting. Women are not highly reguarded in that part of the world, so it should be interesting to see what happens.

Shaved head -

Hmmmmm....please don't let it be the Bowling Moms.

:-)Charlie
Not sure if any of you already read them, but the Television Without Pity Amazing Race recaps are hysterical (although it takes nearly a full week for one to appear.)

Check out www.televisionwithoutpity.com

Fi

Me too. Colin has serious anger problems. I couldn't believe his approach to the taxi guy. I understand he was frustrated, but he was such an Ugly American. And I couldn't believe how mean he was to Christie and that there was no later voiceover in which he acknowledged acting like a schmuck. He basically said he wanted her to support him no matter what kind of an a$$ he was being. That's just silly.

I felt so bad for the taxi driver. I was okay with Colin being upset about the donut (I know I would have been), but the way he talks to people - trying to intimidate them makes me crazy. He needs Dr. Phil so badly. ;)

Overall, I didn't find this week's episode too exciting -- you didn't really to get to see a lot of Dubai other than the inside of taxis and some shots of sand-dunes.

It was more stressful for me than anything. I kept hoping that Colin's head would explode and put us out of our misery.

I'm hoping the twins or the models.

Zee

I felt so bad for the taxi driver. I was okay with Colin being upset about the donut (I know I would have been), ...

The thought had occured to me that maybe the driver couldn't afford to buy a new tire?
No. of Recommendations: 1
The thought had occured to me that maybe the driver couldn't afford to buy a new tire?

I'm sure this is the case -- for a lot of places the donut is just viewed as another tire. Not so much for the safety regulations in a lot of developing countries.

Fi

I figure it will be Chip.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Collin does not know how lucky he was that he had a camera crew along with him. Didn't they leave their luggage in the trunk of the taxi while they ran into the airport to sign in? I didn't see their back packs anywhere, so therefore, if he only would pay $50, couldn't the cab driver take off with all their belongings? I was actually waiting for that or a machete.
My favorite part of it all though was that when it came down to it, he paid. He's just going to push it as far as possible and then when he finally realizes he's not going to get what he wants he gives in. Moron.

=) Megan
I was impressed that the taxi drivers managed to finagle $100 out of everyone. Out of interest I just looked up the average monthly income in Tanzania -- more than 60% of the population lives on less than $60 / month -- so the taxi drivers made out like bandits. But good for them. The fact is that extra $50 meant more to that taxi driver than Colin could ever know.

Well, two hours' worth of gasoline will take a serious bite out of that fare in take-home pay, but, yes, it's still a princely sum.

Rick

Advertisement