No. of Recommendations: 1
Amazingly enough, no one on cable news-MSNBC-is talking about this tragedy in Santa Monica very much except Lawrence O'Donnell. He is very, very anti-NRA. There are so many "big" stories going on right now, I guess there is only so much they can cover. But really, that means they don't think the audience cares about it. If there was a gun debate in Congress right now, they would be talking about it. They are all about politics on MSNBC. They cover the news some, e.g., right now Richard Engle is reporting from Turkey in a gas mask. He's been on for at least 20 minutes straight so they consider the riots there big news I guess.

Mostly MSNBC is talking about Snowden and the NSA. It is interesting because there seems to be a split in opinions over there about it. Almost all the hosts there are in agreement about 90% of the time. This is the first time I have seen such widely diverging opinions or focus on the issue.

I might have to start coming over here to "talk" politics. PA tends to be too extreme.
I guess I haven't taken to the PQ board because no one seems to post here much.

video and mini article
http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/06/10/santa-monica-college-shooting...
MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell said Monday evening that the nation’s top gun lobby has allowed mass shooters like Zawahri access to assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
“Thanks to the National Rifle Association, that’s all you can do in this country when you have an angry emotionally unstable neighbor who is fascinated with guns, all you can do is worry. Because the NRA has made sure that your angry unstable neighbor will have no trouble getting his hands on the most murderous weapons that exist, and unlimited amounts of ammunition. And the NRA has made sure that the day your angry unstable heavily armed neighbor is overwhelmed by homicidal urges, the question is not – will he kill anyone? The question is: How many people will he kill?”
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement