Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
When amending a return do you just send the couple pages where it shows columns for the original amount, net changes, and correct amount? Or do you also have to send the entire original return also?

I'm using Turbo Tax and when it comes to the part to "print your amended return", it is about to print MANY pages, including the original return. Is that correct?

I think Turbo Tax has this section a little wonky because it says "print your amended return and filing instructions" but when you click the button to do this it has all forms and worksheets selected. 75 pages! (Including state). But even if I change that to "official forms required for filing", it shows 50 pages, including the two pages of amended section and the entire original return.

So forgetting Turbo Tax, what is the requirement? Do I need to send in the full original return?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.