Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
In all my years of practice, I've never had to amend separate tax returns to a joint return. I've known for many, many years that it is allowed (and the reverse, from joint to separate is not), but I've never actually done one.

One seemingly simple question that I just cannot find an answer to: What amounts do you put in column A? Just the husband's? Just the wife's? The combination of both even though there is no tax return with those numbers on it?

Thanks for any help.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.