Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: shelley511 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 57307  
Subject: America Date: 11/7/2012 8:15 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
It is now time for America to come together and for the folks in Washington to grow up and start governing.
And, can we agree to stifle Donald Trump? :))

Shelley
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56603 of 57307
Subject: Re: America Date: 11/7/2012 6:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Just try to stifle him.

Hope Washington will start acting like thinking adults too.

In the meantime, don't let Washington drive you to smoking...

Author: ErrolNiel Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56604 of 57307
Subject: Re: America Date: 11/8/2012 9:01 PM
Recommendations: 3
And, can we agree to stifle Donald Trump? :))

And then who would the late night comedians have left? I admit they would still have plenty of material but IMO Trump is an essential poster child for the Extreme right, Rush Limbaugh can't be expected to carry it all by himself. :)

Errol

Author: vr5240 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56605 of 57307
Subject: Re: America Date: 11/8/2012 10:24 PM
Recommendations: 4
Sorry, I moved to the sunshine state of Florida. We haven't finished counting yet! Not in my county of Broward. And the polls have been closed for over 50 hours.

If Governor Scott had put as much planning into handling the voting process as he put into keeping people from voting, my vote would have been counted by now.

At least my hubby and I voted absentee a month ago, so we didn't have to stand in line for up to six hours as many others here did.

Why can't Florida get it right? They put up billboards in poor neighborhoods that said, "Voter fraud is a crime!" (to scare people into not voting); they made everyone show state-issued picture ID (too late to go for driver's license, if you haven't got one yet; they cancelled Sunday voting (because whole groups usually went straight from church to early voting); there weren't enough voting machines for the amount of people. YUCK!

Author: shelley511 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56606 of 57307
Subject: Re: America Date: 11/9/2012 9:58 AM
Recommendations: 4
Verna,

Thankfully Florida's vote did not count this year and Scalia did not get a chance to pick the president of the US. I really think that Scott's attempts backfired and people were determined to get a chance to vote. To them, I say good for you for standing in line for hours to exercise your vote. And shame on the folks who tried to make it difficult for people to vote. That is not what America is about.
Shelley

Author: CoffeeladyinFL Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56607 of 57307
Subject: Re: America Date: 11/9/2012 8:32 PM
Recommendations: 2
Continue to add to Verna message. In Orlando people were still in line after midnight to vote! Folks in FL were able to vote early...I did.

Linda

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement