UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: eatnbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1933004  
Subject: Re: another nail in the education myth Date: 1/8/2006 2:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
American high school students fizzle in international comparisons, placing well behind other countries, even poorer countries like Poland, the Czech Republic and South Korea. American kids do pretty well when they enter public school, but as time goes on, the worse they do. Why?

Let's See

The US Automotive industry cant Lay off or fire workers and look what has happened to it.

Teachers Unions have made it impossible for School systems to Lay off or fire teachers for poor performance.

Liberals have made it impossible to impose any form of punishment on disruptive students, dangerous students, disrespectful students, disrespectful parents. They have made it impossible to protect teachers, reward good teachers, single out good students, acknowledge a student "is Dumb" and request he gets special help, allowed students to dress any way they want, allowed parents to not be accountable, prevented "criminals" from being thrown out of school, allowed Goth dress, body piercing, head bangers, dopers .... but no Bibles. Birth control and Abortion counseling ..... but no Bibles. Gangs, Gambling, drugs, sex-offenders ......

Sorry .... at 53, I still remember that ugly, fat, pink faced old woman math teacher who smelt like a bottle of talcum powder, slamming that ruler down across my hand several times ....

Made a big behavioral impact when you were nine.

When I complained to my mother, she told my father.

He hit me again.

Bears
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement