UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: WatchingTheHerd Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 454791  
Subject: Re: AIG Rating Cut to A- by S&P Date: 9/15/2008 11:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 61
American International Group Inc.'s long-term counterparty rating was cut to A- from AA- by Standard & Poor's.

===================================

You don't say... THANKS S&P for that insightful analysis.

This just in from Fitch:

CHICAGO & NEW YORK, Sep 15, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Fitch Ratings downgraded all subsidiary ratings of various entities owned by Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. (LBHI). LBHI filed a voluntary bankruptcy on Sept. 14, 2008 which excluded all subsidiaries.

This is KILLER analysis these people are doing here...

Seriously, I saw a clip of President Bush making a few comments on today's happenings and at one point, in the same tone one would use for hurricane victims, he expressed concern for all of the folks on Wall Street whose jobs are up in the air or already wiped out. In a talking head segment on The NewsHour, a guest described the scene outside Lehman and Merril with people just "devastated" -- in much the same tone used to describe those that suffered or witnessed the 9/11 attacks.

I know not EVERYONE working at these firms attended board meetings and understood the financial frauds being perpetrated and provided their consent to those actions. HOWEVER, let's be real. In November of 2007, when CUSTOMERS were already losing TONS of money, Wall Street still chose to pay out nearly THIRTY EIGHT BILLION DOLLARS in bonuses. As Bloomberg News put it, that comes out to an average of $201,000 for the 186,000 employees of Goldman, Merril, Lehman, Bear Stearns and Morgan Stanley. That's just their BONUS. For ONE YEAR. (#1)

If I could wave a magic wand over the books of the entire country, I would wipe out the life savings of EVERY SINGLE employee of these Wall Street firms before collecting the rest of the losses from the rest of America. NO ONE on Wall Street gets ANY sympathy in this.

WTH

=========================

#1) http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&refer=ho...
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement