Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 621  
Subject: America's Cup FUBAR Date: 5/19/2007 9:17 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well, it looks like the America's Cup ain't coming home. The American boat's skipper has been effing up the starts all week, and going into today's challenger semifinal race down 3-1, he has just completely butchered the prestart and gotten 2 penalties, one of which he still has to take, and are a football field behind on the upwind leg. One more loss and it's curtains, so it looks like I won't have anybody to root for in the final. CRAP!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 611 of 621
Subject: Re: America's Cup FUBAR Date: 5/19/2007 9:32 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Well, it looks like it takes 2 more losses to sink us, not 1, but we're still in very deep poop. 25 seconds behind at the 1st mark with 1 penalty turn still to do. NOT GOOD.

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 612 of 621
Subject: Re: America's Cup FUBAR Date: 5/20/2007 9:53 AM
We did lose that one yesterday, and afterward the doofus who runs the team and had been skippering the boat apparently took some major heat from the crew and/or the sponsors, because he has pulled himself off the boat and installed another skipper AND another helmsman. Doesn't seem to have worked, because even though we came off the start in good shape without getting any penalties, we're getting our asses royally kicked again. And one more loss eliminates us. OUCH.

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 617 of 621
Subject: Re: America's Cup FUBAR Date: 6/25/2007 3:33 AM
Recommendations: 1
The America's Cup final is now in progress, tied at 1 race apiece. The Swiss defender Alinghi should be up 2-0, but their American helmsman and their New Zealander tactician, a guy who's being talked about as a sure Hall of Famer, sailed like a couple of rank amateurs and gave away a 19 second lead, losing the 2nd race to Emirates Team New Zealand and their American tactician by 28 seconds. Come on, Alinghi has the best sailors money can buy, and they pull some of the doofus moves they pulled today? That Bertarelli dude who owns the team must be spitting nails at that performance. FUBAR indeed!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement