OK, so my wife and I decided to cancel out of our Ameridebt agreement after verifying everything that BaritoneFool said on my last post on this subject. I contacted the two cards in my name that are on the program to talk to them about what I would need to do.The two cards are MBNA and Bank of America. Both cards were 17.5 before Ameridebt, then MBNA went to 15.9 while B of A removed interest from their card on the program.When I asked MBNA if I could keep the same interest, and BofA if I could receive a similar 15.9 or an intro rate on their card, I was completely rejected and told that both cards would go to the high risk category interest rate of 21%. I then explained that as recent college grads with new full time jobs, our income has tripled since we went on the program in january, making payments will not be a problem, and we would appreciate the lower rates to help us get started, I was told their was nothing they could do, that anyone coming off an assistance program automatically goes to the high risk category.So what advice would you give, do we take our medicine, or continue with the program. We will be up for the consolidation loan after the july payment, and it has to be less than 21%.Thanks againJohn
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. Market data provided by Interactive Data.
Company fundamental data provided by Morningstar. Earnings Estimates, Analyst Ra