UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: drdm Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide Mission Olympia 2 SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 74759  
Subject: Amerivest via TD Ameritrade Date: 10/1/2012 2:50 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Not sure this is the right board but I know there are a lot of bright folks who respond on this board. Just came into some cash that need to park for a year or two. TD Ameritrade offers the Amerivest ultra conservative managed portfolio. 98% bonds, 1% cash, 1% "alternative". $25k minimum. Been paying over 5% for last year (after 1.5% management fee). Can withdraw at any time and transfer back to reg TDA account, no penalties as I understand it.

Anyone know anything about this investment vehicle. Thanks for any advice.

Dr. D.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 70996 of 74759
Subject: Re: Amerivest via TD Ameritrade Date: 10/1/2012 9:11 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Just came into some cash that need to park for a year or two.

What you are considering is a "fund". Most importantly, it can lose value, no matter who conservative it appears on the surface.

If this is money you'll need or have earmarked for something specific in a year or two, the best place would be a CD. The interest isn't great but you'll know exactly what you'll have at the end.

JLC

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement