UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: aounfest2007 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308558  
Subject: AMEX promo: 3 Free Nights at Starwood Hotels Date: 12/4/2007 12:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I received an e-mail promotional offer to the effect that if I sign up for the Starwood Preferred Guest credit card, I will receive 10,000 Starpoints, which are redeemable for a 3-night hotel stay, after my first purchase of the card.

Has anyone here tried this offer? I'd be curious to hear how it's worked out for others before I sign up.

Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Lurker1999 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 264716 of 308558
Subject: Re: AMEX promo: 3 Free Nights at Starwood Hotels Date: 12/4/2007 12:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I would review information in these two forums:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=599

http://www.flyertalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=429

SPG is considered a good program, particularly at the higher status levels. There has been award level and point inflation this past year but depending on what you're looking for it could be worth your while to apply and pay the annual fee.

Are you planning on just collecting the 10,000 points and then cancelling the card after your stay is complete or are you planning on making SPG your preferred program/hotel brand?

Author: aounfest2007 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 264719 of 308558
Subject: Re: AMEX promo: 3 Free Nights at Starwood Hotels Date: 12/4/2007 4:50 AM
Yes, I was just planning on just canceling it after getting the reward...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement