UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1972382  
Subject: Amish Again.... Date: 2/23/2013 12:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I stumbled across the following article which explains some of the many intricacies of the Amish relationship with electricity... and the power grid.

It's a very well written and simple piece that might draw back some of the ignorance concerning our understanding of this group of Anabaptist brethren who took leave of the modern world.

I commend it to your reading... it's short, and is just the think for a mid-Saturday perusal.

http://amishamerica.com/do-amish-use-electricity/
Print the post Back To Top
Author: GrumpyOldGuy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861797 of 1972382
Subject: Re: Amish Again.... Date: 2/23/2013 1:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
That was interesting. Weird, but interesting.
Kind of like my SIL who had no problem saying "G-D it!" but insisted she did not swear.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement