UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2122690  
Subject: Amish Again.... Date: 2/23/2013 12:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I stumbled across the following article which explains some of the many intricacies of the Amish relationship with electricity... and the power grid.

It's a very well written and simple piece that might draw back some of the ignorance concerning our understanding of this group of Anabaptist brethren who took leave of the modern world.

I commend it to your reading... it's short, and is just the think for a mid-Saturday perusal.

http://amishamerica.com/do-amish-use-electricity/
Print the post Back To Top
Author: GrumpyOldGuy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861797 of 2122690
Subject: Re: Amish Again.... Date: 2/23/2013 1:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
That was interesting. Weird, but interesting.
Kind of like my SIL who had no problem saying "G-D it!" but insisted she did not swear.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement