Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19409  
Subject: Re: tax rebates Date: 2/1/2008 8:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
AM:"Yep. I'm just SO chastised. WhatEVER shall I do?"

How about thinking about what the subject of the post was....tax REBATES...not federal grab at middle class taxpayers to provide 'gifts' for those who pay no income taxes.

If you have 150 billion for TAX 'rebate', it should be to those who paid the taxes.

The money will be put to work.

It doesn't have to 'include everyone'.

100 million can just as well spend it as 110 million. The extra 10 million who didn't earn a dime, didn't pay any taxes, didn't pay any SS or Medicare, didn't pay any state income taxes......aren't entitled to the same 'rabates'.

Just understand that, and you will sleep better tonight.

As to the lib donors, just listen to Hillary. Thursday night, she was all 'Then I worked to set up this program (of federal give away money )for this or that group"...and I worked with others to 'fund this program' and 'fund that program' and 'provide benefits for XXX'....nothing but talking about confiscating wealth and redistribute it via the dozens of schemes she has cooked up over the years.

She was the prime mover to STOP the military BRAC (the commission to select and close unnecessary military bases) shutdown of two installations in NY state.

A responsible person? Hardly. Nothing but a free spending, give away con artist....who doesn't understand the meaning of 'balanced budget', who won't cut unnecessary bases (when they are in HER district), etc. Nothing but pork, pork , pork for the Senator.

Nothing but more and more give aways that will kill the economy dead and put 5 to 10 million out of work as employers flee the country under a lib dem administration.

Exxon Mobil paid 39.5 BILLION in income taxes last year. That was at the 41.5% corporate tax rate. Yet, that isn't enough for lib dems. They want even more 'windfall taxes'. More than 41.5%. Soon, Exxon Mobil will join Halliburton and every other oil company that will move overseas to avoid taxation at punative rates. Kiss 50,000 jobs goodbye. And Chevron and Schlumberge and every other energy company will follow suit along with hundreds of others.

For "AM" and the crowd, only when 100% of the revenues are confiscated will they be happy. And they'll find when they do that, they'll have 100% unemployed.

t.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement