So I am in a situation where I excercised some ISO stock options in 2000 with at a price per share that isabout 6 times the current price of the stock. I didn't sell any during 2000 so I have a huge AMTtax that I must pay by April 15th.However I would really hate to sell basically all of my shares exercised last year plus a few morejust to pay the taxes on them. I believe in the stock and believe it is undervalued and expect tosee it maybe double in the next six months (no expectation it will be back at t 6x or 12x peakanytime soon).So I have sold enough to pay about 1/4 of my AMT taxes (and I've already paid quite a bit inestimated last year) but I'd rather not pay the rest. What are my options here?* File for an extension and only pay some amount now and take the 8% interest penalty thataccrues until I pay in August* File a 9465 Installment Agreement Request and try to pay on a monthly basis for a while. I'dpay this off when the stock returned to a reasonable level. Does this have any other negatives orcredit issues?Are there any other creative solutions? I can't borrow enough to pay for the taxes (the AMTtaxes I owe is well over 5x my pre-tax salary)...and don't know if I would want that level of risk.I might consider borrowing for a small amount of it...and I'm still working these issues out.The other issue is that I am restricted to when I can actually sell stock and my trading windowcloses at the end of the month. So I need to decide now whether I keep selling or do somethingelse.Thanks!
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. Market data provided by Interactive Data.
Company fundamental data provided by Morningstar. Earnings Estimates, Analyst Ra