UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: LydiaVorst Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 24925  
Subject: Re: Article - Darwin Vindicated Date: 2/25/2001 1:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Amy thanks for the link.

I have never posted to this board, and haven't read many of the posts. I apologize for not following the conversation. It seems to be an interesting board, with a great group of participants.

Anyway, I'd just like to comment that despite the content of Arthur Caplan's article, in an msnbc poll asking the question: "Does our genome confirm Darwin's theory" the results are currently running 58% yes and 42% no.

In other words, to paraphrase a quote I can't quite remember now, "clear facts will never confuse the issue for people who already have their minds made up."
:)

The Bible is "a book of faith to teach the relationship between God and man". Science refers to a process in which humans attempt to understand their physical world.

I don't pray when I want to turn on the kitchen light, I flip the switch. I don't have "faith" in electricity. However, I do recognize that there is proof that electricity exists and behaves in certain ways under certain conditions.

But, when God said, "Let there be light," I believe there was. I can't explain the process of that sort of light, but I believe it on faith.

Science and religion - two entirely different things, never meant to be in agreement.

That's my take FWIW,

Lydia

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement