Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Waltmania Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 49805  
Subject: An absolutely brilliant idea. Date: 2/4/2002 4:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 15
I have been watching this board since the Motley Fools took over from Quicken.com and after reading the arguments pro and con with regards to the Fools charging for this board I have decided that the Fools have come up with a brilliant business plan that puts Kathy Lee Gifford and Wal~Mart to shame.

OK, lets imagine that you walk into work tomorrow and your boss calls everyone together and says that he is no longer going to pay everyone that works there. He will pay those that have produced the most work for one more year but the rest of you will have to start paying him to keep coming to work. Now, he feels that he has good reasons as he has to pay for the building and the heat, the equipment, and all the rest so that you can work there and while he is making money selling his other goods and getting some money from the goods that you buy from the company, being loyal workers, here is a way to make still more money and at the same time maybe get rid of some of the riff-raff.

Question: Would you still work there?

What is happing on this board is the same thing. Your insights, your opinions, your comments, and your research is your work. What the Motley Fools are going to do is charge people and make money on your work. In return not only are they not going to pay you for this work but they are also going to charge some of you for the privilege of working for them.

This is brilliant! This is incredible! What a business plan!

Even Kathy Lee Gifford and Wal~Mart had to (under)pay something for their merchandise but here the Fools pay nothing and get more money back.

I'm really, really impressed and I'm definitely signing up for one of their semminars.

Yeh, I know that some people will say that we didn't get paid before, well in a way you did with the free message board access.

Also some have said the Fools should be paid for their work and I have no problem with that as I get paid for my work and that is why I pay for their books, their merchandise and I am willing to pay for their semminars. However, I do have a problem paying for the work of others when they are not getting paid in turn.

But, when all is said and done I believe that I may actually be jealous because I did not think of this money making plan first.

SC
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

IBM: Is Buffett Wrong, or Brilliant?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement