Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
[[An additional question. May I simply attach my E*Trade statement to support
my short term capital gains?]]

I don't know what your e-trade statement look like. If they are summary statements that show each trade, giving all of the information requested by Sch D (date purchased, sold, description, sales price, basis, gain/loss), then the answer is yes.

If it is nothing more than your broker statement showing sales, then the answer would be no. Sorry.

TMF Taxes
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.