UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: DeanPhillips Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76398  
Subject: Re: I want to retire early! Date: 9/5/1998 1:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
An earlier reply wrote:
<<the only people that I know who have done this in the last few years have started Amway Distributorships which have created large residual incomes for themselves. It's obviously a good, reputable business, but it's tough to get over the cynicism that people have about Amway.>>

Not to mention the scads of people whose garages are filled with Amway products that they can't sell, having lost all their [former] friends, relatives, and casual aquaintances.

dier71 wrote:
<< Does ANYONE know any other way to create a large residual income to produce an early retirement?? >>

When I spent 22 years working for the government and ten in corporate America, I thought I was getting set for retirement. Had a nice home, some investments in 401k and self-directed IRA. After a few corporate downsizings due to corporate bankruptcy, a corporate buyout, and a division divestiture, I realized that control was not in my hands. I did not start an Amway distributorship. But I did start with another network marketing company and am growing a very large organization through a few committed people like me.

There are lots of people who are not "The millionaire next door" who are being successful in networking. Some of us are just carving a very nice extra income that we can use Foolishly. And you don't have to have garages full of product with today's fast distribution systems. I am affiliated with Enviro-Tech Int'l (NASDAQ BB: ETIC) and would welcome your inquiry. There are lots of companies like this one with great products and great people who might be just the ticket for an ambitious entrepreneur with a few years to devote to building a business. The tax breaks might be just the thing a retiree needs!

I gave this message lots of consideration before posting, because I know there are lots of misunderstandings about this business. Believe me, I had most of them before involving myself 16 months ago!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement