Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I have an roll ever IRA with a well known online brokerage firm. For a while, I traded the peaks and valleys of equity only to find myself always out of sync with the timing. I decide to do some research on the option chains for AAPL, GOOG, AND PCLN to see which could provide mr a way to plan monthly income without having to time peaks and valleys. I feel mor comfortable with having a play on equity of a stock versus the wait game. Two weeks prior to the options expiration date I purchased 100 shares of AAPL. I sold a covered call on my one contract. For $10/share and my strike price was $20 dollars above what I bought at. Within 2 weeks the stock went past my strike price and I gladly gave up my shares for 3000 profit on 50000. Annualized that is a 150 percent gain. At the same time, I SOLD a covered called on my GOOG stock. While the option did not exercise, I kept the 5 dollars.share and the stock was only up 4 points for a 900 dollar 2 day event. I sold another covered call for March expiration of 15 points above the price I paid. GOOG is already past my strike price but I will gladly surrender for a 3000 month and two week gain.

I bought PCLN 2 days before it's 40 point gain. My strike price is 35 dollars above what I paid and someone paid me 20 dollars a share for my covered call. If all goes well, that will be a 5500 gain two weeks from Friday.

I am looking at repeating with AAPL AND PCLN.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement