UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1961196  
Subject: An embarrassment of Weiner­esque proportion Date: 4/21/2013 2:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Great column by the Washington Post's Kathleen Parker on why some politicians don't get forgiveness.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/kathleen-parker-forgi...

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872282 of 1961196
Subject: Re: An embarrassment of Weiner­esque propor Date: 4/21/2013 3:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Why don't some politicians get forgiveness? Simple answer -- they don't do what's required:

1) Admit what they did
2) Admit what they did was wrong
3) Say what they'll do different in the future
4) Ask for forgiveness

None of this nonsense like "I'm sorry if some people were hurt" or "I feel badly that some people were hurt." All that does is make you look like you're trying to weasel out of accountability.

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872285 of 1961196
Subject: Re: An embarrassment of Weiner­esque propor Date: 4/21/2013 6:38 AM
It's a long list, thankfully the author noted she didn't have enough space for them all. Good article, fairly good perception of the Why and the wives.

Thankfully, most politicians that are complete moral failures, have a lot more tact and understanding. They hide it well. Much harder to do nowadays.

Weiner has brass just to be in public, Sanford has titanium stones to be seen anywhere. The ongoing treatment of his family alone should have disqualified him from being seen anywhere.

Bill Clinton was a very special case. He was President. Nobody handled anything better than Hillary handled that situation. But as always, these were seasoned political figures, used to dealing with the public in ways that mere mortals cannot understand.

When it comes to being a good liar with brass stones, not many people can do it like a politician.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872294 of 1961196
Subject: Re: An embarrassment of Weiner­esque propor Date: 4/21/2013 8:41 AM
1) Admit what they did
2) Admit what they did was wrong
3) Say what they'll do different in the future
4) Ask for forgiveness

I'd add a 5th point:

5. Don't couch the first four points in "weasel words".

We all know "weasel words".

Those "I really don't mean it, but I'm saying this to get out of trouble" words.

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872318 of 1961196
Subject: Re: An embarrassment of Weiner­esque propor Date: 4/21/2013 10:59 AM
I live in this district, and last I heard, Sanford was polling slightly ahead of Colbert Busch. Romney carried SC's First Congressional Distract by nearly 20 points less than 6 months ago.

I've been polled twice in the last few weeks, once by the Colbert Busch campaign, who also polled my husband. I assume her campaign is calling all registered Democrats as much to make sure they're aware of the election, its date, the ability to vote absentee, and willingness to volunteer, as to perform an actual poll.

The GOP redraw SC Congressional districts last year and peeled off Democrats into the already majority Democratic 6th district (Rep Clyburn) to make our district more safely Republican despite an influx of Northern moderates (and a few liberals). They've done similarly to other districts surrounding the 6th to make sure, for example, that Joe "You Lie" Wilson's district centered in the state capitol of Columbia stays in GOP hands.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1872501 of 1961196
Subject: Re: An embarrassment of Weiner­esque propor Date: 4/22/2013 12:10 PM
I wonder what Weiner needs me to forgive him for?

His wife he needs forgiveness from. Hopefully his wife is a Liberal Feminist like Hillary Clinton....Hillary forgave all her life and even helped go after the girlfriends. "Take it and like missy!" became the new slogan for Liberal Feminism after that.

So beyond his Wife, and any girl he might have embarassed, why does weiner need anyone else's forgiveness?

It's just sex. Puritanical Americans.

JediG

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement