Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: beckyz51 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 196444  
Subject: Re: Florida town casts out Satan Date: 2/6/2002 4:30 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0

An entirely appropriate place for it to occur.
DAVID!

You are too good! Ever think of going into politics? *LOL* I,personally, think alot of charismatics blame the devil for stuff they should be looking inside about.
I do know the devil can cause sickness, because of Job. So, that would be something to try if you were sick. But, if you don't do this sort of thing in Jesus' name, you are asking for trouble.
Did you hear everything this woman said? Did she say "in Jesus' name?
I'm very curious. I even worry about knuckleheads, I guess!(the woman who did this)

No one has even claimed that the terrorists were devil worshippers. In fact, they claim to worship the same basic god as the Christians, although almost everyone would agree that the twisted it beyond recognition. So casting out Satan would not even have an effect.

I tend to agree with you here, as well. You are pretty knowlegable for an agnostic?--am I right to say that? Not convinced? And I'm not being critical---this is a complement.
Your comment on this having no effect got me thinking, too. How will we know?? Where in Florida was this? I'll go back and check. Maybe they have a local paper I can check in on.

Interesting, not only is it unconstitutional, it is un-Biblical. It would be amusing if it wasn't so scary.

Scary in what way? The fact someone actually did such a thing out of fear?
I wonder about many things. Who got her--let her do this? How does the town in general feel about this. Is she cracking up or a very, VERY charasmatic person. This certainly isn't the norm in any church. What was she thinking? Why in public? She could have gone to a secluded place and done this.
Or, rather than go this "scary" route---why not call on all the pastors and priests to bless the town and protect it? Much more positive and comforting for people--especially the children.

Guess I just wanted to talk to you!! My first post today.

Your friend,
Becky
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement