No. of Recommendations: 3
An even easier and cheaper means would be to send a letter to the service address (in care of "current resident" so that the mail would not get forwarded), explaining that the new resident had to re-establish service or their service would be cut off by DD/MM.

To you and GoofyHoofy---how is the utility supposed to know the property has changed hands? How are they supposed to differentiate between a customer who has moved and one who just hasn't paid their bill?


Print the post  


Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.