Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
DCX cut its dividend some 57% because it made profit "promises" LY that the German owned manufacturer failed to deliver. Now DCX cannot afford to maintain its dividend. Does anyone's heart bleed for DCX, (the take your money, run and “retire”) Bob Eaton, or any of those sell your heart and soul types? Not I.

DCX more less said forget the stakeholder. It seems to me that F is including the consumer and the stakeholder is its reengineering strategy.

IMO, DaimlerChrysler is or will be far worse off than F going forward. DCX has systemic problems that the company will find much more difficult to repair than F will, which F is now confronting and working to repair.

Sure, it is tough to go through major change; the types of changes that F is now undergoing. But at F, it is clearly going to be a team effort. Bill Ford had made it known plainly that for those who do not want to commit the time, energy, sacrifice, and effort to play, well, DCX may have a job for you! :)

Nevertheless, the changes F is implementing will bring forth a stronger and more cohesively organized corporation. Communication is essential and from Bill Ford on down, F seems to be doing just that: Communicating to those who it must communicate with to achieve its newly laid out objectives.

Reinventing an organization must begin with good channels of communication. I commend F for starting where the pain hurts the most. However, to repair a 'break in a bone' or a break in an organizational process, and to strive to do it right, this is where teams must begin their work. This is where F has (re)started; at the proximate cause and source of the problem.

This is one of the reasons I know F will reemerge as an industry trendsetter and leader.

http://fireboards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=16657510
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement