UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (31) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: tim443 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 465356  
Subject: Re: Mortgage Rates are TOO High Date: 12/8/2012 7:03 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
An interesting way to end a discussion/debate that you're losing.

I just don't like the constant change of the terms of discussion. I’m not a financial professional and if I use the occasional wrong term that should not become the discussion.

Would you like to tell me what it was I was losing? I happen to think that much of the global financial industry got very bloated and over complicated. This was particularly true of the US part of it but clearly others were following the leadership.

Since the bloated over complicated ones melted down and had to be saved by the taxpayers in 2008 there is probably some truth to my opinion?

Now that the politicians are at least trying to bring in some form of regulation to prevent a repeat of these gamblers blowing it up again we listen to whiny nonsense complaining that they won't be able to make a profit under these rules?

Since some regulated banking systems were able to make a profit and didn't melt down during the crisis perhaps some regulations would be in order?

You do I hope agree that there was a lot of excess 'stupid' in the system don't you, otherwise I'm wasting this typing.

If those regulations make some peripheral aspects of the bloated industry unprofitable perhaps that would suggest they don't need to be part of the system?

Could the bank hold on to at least part of each mortgage and have their loan dept write the mortgages themselves instead of rubber stamping someone else's work? This would as Becky suggested give them skin in the game and perhaps go a long way towards reducing the finger pointing excuses when things go bad?

Who knows it might get bankers position improved from their current below lawyers and barely above politicians on the public hate list?

So what’s wrong with my position? I'm perfectly willing to listen and learn but not to obtuse arrogance.

Tim
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (31) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement