Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Beridian Big red star, 1000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44773  
Subject: An Open Letter Date: 3/22/2010 2:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 190
To all you self-righteous arrogant breast-beater's shrieking about government funding of abortion:

SHUT UP, Stuff a sock in your whining pie holes, just shut up. Did I say shut up?

You see, I have quietly fumed for years over how my tax dollars are spent as well, for example;

(1) I was absolutely against the war in Iraq which resulted in thousands of senseless deaths, including numerous women and children, it also terribly damaged the good name of the United States of America, but I was forced to pay for it. I am also outraged that my tax dollars go to fund our military presences in numerous other countries that are more than capable of looking out for themselves, this while we continue to deficit spend.

(2) I am appalled at the bailing out of huge banks and insurance compaies, while the little people everywhere are being economically crushed, but I still had to pay my taxes which contributed to this.

(3) It infuriates me that churches use the same resources in my community yet are tax exempt. I do not believe in bronze-age mythology, but I am forced to pay more in taxes to make up for the free ride that these prostalitizing social clubs enjoy.

(4) I am appalled that my government impairs the progress of legitimate stem cell research which someday may help the paralyzed to walk and the blind to see. Wasn’t there some bronze-age figure that supported helping the lame to walk and the blind to see? Yet you shout down science and progress and interfere with programs that could actually produce miracles if properly funded and supported.

So anyway, shut up, get over it, we all have to pay our taxes no matter if we agree with how the money is spent. Also understand that abortion is not some hedonistic self indulgent pleasure, rather it is an undesirable, painful, but sometimes very necessary medical procedure, kind of like having a limb amputated.

In addition, regarding the new health care bill, stop saying that the people don’t want it. I am a person and an American citizen, I WANT health care reform. So when you say that the people do not want it you are wrong. YOU DON’T WANT IT, go ahead and say that, but you do not speak for me or all Americans, the MAJORITY HAS SPOKEN, get over it. And if you violate the laws during your hate-spewing protests I hope you get arrested and prosecuted (this I will cheerfully help fund with my tax dollars).

Thank you, I feel so much better now. It has been a good day today.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Brookfield Asset Management
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement