Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44884  
Subject: An Open Letter Date: 5/15/2013 9:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
To the county judge candidate who sent out the negative campaign postcard I got in the mail today badmouthing one of his competitors:

I don't like negative campaigning to begin with. If a candidate cannot win by stating what is right with him/her instead of what is wrong with his/her competitors, he/she should not be running in the first place. I wouldn't like this crap you're sending out if you were running for some other office. But when you're running for judge, integrity and honorable conduct are important, and in our county criticizing one's opponents in a judge election simply is not done, even if you're right. What you did was pick facts out of thin air that, while they might be accurate at the points in time from which you picked them, in no way reflect the entirety of the career of the opponent you criticized.

Not only is it bad form to negatively campaign against opponents in a judge election, it makes me wonder what's up with you that you chose to start slinging mud. You yourself have run in several previous countywide elections, for judge and other offices, always without success. Is there some reason I should know about but don't that you always lose? And there is a third person in this judge race that you did not criticize. Why did you sling mud at one but not the other? Could it be that there are polls out or other information out showing that this person is likely to kick your butts in the primary election next week? Or is there something else going on that most of us voters don't know about? Whatever it is or it isn't, something just doesn't pass the smell test, and you, sir, will not be getting my vote in Tuesday's primary, nor will you get it in November. Anybody who wants to be a judge that badly that he would sling mud at an opponent, I don't ever want to have behind the bench if I have to appear in that court.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mobileye's Growth too Hot?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement