Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cabinsmama Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44621  
Subject: An Open Letter Date: 7/10/2013 1:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
To my new dental practice:

You were very nice when I called to make a "new patient" appointment today.

In the past two hours, though, you've sent me three emails and a text about my appointment Monday.

This relationship will never work if you don't give me some space.

cm
Print the post Back To Top
Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42639 of 44621
Subject: Re: An Open Letter Date: 7/10/2013 1:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
In the past two hours, though, you've sent me three emails and a text about my appointment Monday.

What!?! No phone calls?

Author: cabinsmama Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42640 of 44621
Subject: Re: An Open Letter Date: 7/10/2013 1:46 PM
One phone call.

Another text and another email.

Getting into WTF territory here...

cm

Author: discurro Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42641 of 44621
Subject: Re: An Open Letter Date: 7/10/2013 2:00 PM
Recommendations: 19
Hey cm,

Your dentist just called me and asked me to remind you that you have an appointment coming up. They would have posted themselves, but were busy looking up contacts for you on Facebook, your neighbors and buying space on that billboard on your way to work.

Author: cabinsmama Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42642 of 44621
Subject: Re: An Open Letter Date: 7/10/2013 2:46 PM
Recommendations: 3
Holy frak, they just sent me a "save the date" email.

Save. The. Date.

cm,
rethinking this

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42643 of 44621
Subject: Re: An Open Letter Date: 7/10/2013 2:51 PM
Recommendations: 12

Send them a reply saying sorry you can't save the date since you have a confirmed appointment at the dentist that same day.

PSU

Author: BigKahoona Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42644 of 44621
Subject: Re: An Open Letter Date: 7/10/2013 3:42 PM

Send them a reply saying sorry you can't save the date since you have a confirmed appointment at the dentist that same day.

"This is not a monitored account. Please do not reply."

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42645 of 44621
Subject: Re: An Open Letter Date: 7/10/2013 5:06 PM
Save. The. Date.

Are you getting your teeth cleaned or getting married? And have you told DH about the new guy in your life?

Nancy

Author: ChiliChild Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42646 of 44621
Subject: Re: An Open Letter Date: 7/10/2013 5:46 PM
Recommendations: 10
My former dentist's office would send an appointment reminder via text message with the instruction to reply with a 'yes' or 'no.'

We got a notice in the mail that they were no longer accepting our insurance, so when the confirming text message arrived, I texted back 'no.'

The day of the appointment I got a phone call from a very snippy office person inquiring as to why I had not come to the appointment. When I explained the insurance issue and that I had replied 'no' to their text, she said, "We don't read those!"

Sigh.

Chili

Author: sofaking6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42647 of 44621
Subject: Re: An Open Letter Date: 7/10/2013 6:26 PM
Recommendations: 2

Save. The. Date.

cm,
rethinking this

I think it's sweet. TWUE WUV!

Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42650 of 44621
Subject: Re: An Open Letter Date: 7/10/2013 7:53 PM
Recommendations: 0
To my dentist - I use a Tracfone and the text component doesn't work anymore. Don't bother.

Author: pixiecakes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42655 of 44621
Subject: Re: An Open Letter Date: 7/12/2013 10:25 AM

Have they been getting a lot of no-shows lately?

Author: joycets Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42661 of 44621
Subject: Re: An Open Letter Date: 7/15/2013 5:17 PM
I don't get texts. Fortunately, my dentist knows me, I've been with them around 20 years, and I sing with the dentist's wife in the church choir.

I love my dentist. (even though the photos of dentist and family with president g.w. bush on the wall get really old). I hope he doesn't retire too soon.

jts

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement