Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: SirWired Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 9311  
Subject: An Open Letter to AnOptimist Date: 4/30/2001 1:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 14
On 4/5 you said:
Sell everything in the next two days. IBM's rally will die near 100. This is rare chance to sell into strength. Sell, sell, sell. Am I clear in expressing my opinion? SELL!!!!

at: http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=14709532

As I write this, IBM is at 117 and climbing. That is a pretty hefty gain to miss out on.

On 4/4 you said:
Now IBM's next bottom can be figured the same way:
down 21 points (108 to 87)
up 13 point (87 to 100)
take 21 from 100=79 for next bottom
Again I have rounded off the numbers, but the next bottom should be near the old 79-80 support area.

at: http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=14698610

The last "bottom" was around 96.

On 4/10, in a post entitled "Sell Everything, Rally is Ending Now" you said:
The market is topping--the Dow is over 10,000 and up more than 200 points. This is what I have been looking for at the top of this bear market rally. The "Amazing" AnOpt is never wrong [emphasis mine] in one of these calls so go long at you own risk. The only question is how high the market can go today. 10,200 intraday is my best guess. SELL, SELL, SELL!!!

at: http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=14739330

Whoops! It hasn't closed below 10,000 since then. This seems like a pretty bad record for someone who is "never wrong on one of these calls".

To paraphrase a quote from a certain movie:
"You have just commited one of the two classic blunders! The first is never engage in a land war in Asia. The second, only slightly less well known, is never tangle with a Technical Analyst when money is on the line! HA! HA! HA! HA! *gaaccckkkk* (falls over dead broke)." [Free rec to whomever can identify the movie and character :) ]

In conclusion, take your worthless charts and head back to the Technical Analysis board where you belong. In any case, leave us Foolish investors alone.

SirWired
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement