Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 122013  
Subject: An update Date: 10/13/2012 11:52 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
The puppy arrived, she's a Mini Shar Pei, five months old. He took her to the vet, and she has kennel cough and a mild ear infection. She hasn't been chipped yet, but he will have her done at the next visit in two weeks.

She's been very slowly sniffing her way around the apartment, getting used to things. But late Friday evening she slept in his arms for several hours, so there is definitely some bonding going on. He wants to take her to his parents' house on Sunday, and I advised him to take it slowly and let her adjust to the new routine before he took her anywhere.

The book also arrived, and he was very grateful for it. I hope it helps him as he and she get used to each other. As I said, I really want this to be a good experience for him.

Now, he's thinking about Pet Insurance, and has been looking at some plans. Do any of you have any experience with any particular plan?

Nancy
Print the post Back To Top
Author: LOTROQueen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 119869 of 122013
Subject: Re: An update Date: 10/13/2012 12:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Now, he's thinking about Pet Insurance, and has been looking at some plans. Do any of you have any experience with any particular plan?

He might want to talk to the office staff at his vet's office. They can tell him what kinds they accept and might know which companies cover the most or are good to work with.

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 119870 of 122013
Subject: Re: An update Date: 10/13/2012 12:41 PM
He might want to talk to the office staff at his vet's office. They can tell him what kinds they accept and might know which companies cover the most or are good to work with

The vet gave him a couple of links.

http://www.maanimalmedctr.com/

http://www.petinsurancereview.com/dog.asp

I'm assuming that any company in that listing is something she would accept.

Nancy

Author: rita205 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 119883 of 122013
Subject: Re: An update Date: 10/14/2012 10:24 AM
Never heard of a mini Shar-Pei, but good to hear that it won't be a full grown big, strong, overly active dog for his first ever dog. So good that he's being receptive to your efforts to teach him about dog ownership, here's hoping it's a positive experience for everyone in the family,

Rita

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 119885 of 122013
Subject: Re: An update Date: 10/14/2012 2:28 PM
Recommendations: 2
So good that he's being receptive to your efforts to teach him about dog ownership, here's hoping it's a positive experience for everyone in the family,

He was going to take her over to his parents' house today, and wanted me to go over and meet her, but I told him to give her some time to recover and get settled first. I do understand that he's happy and wants people to share his happiness, but I don't think he understands how much confusion and turmoil she's gone through during these past three days.

Nancy

Author: rita205 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 119889 of 122013
Subject: Re: An update Date: 10/15/2012 7:04 AM
True, and sometimes it's good to let the young animal see other people coming into their environment, too, so if the parents could come to her house to visit, all the better.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement