No. of Recommendations: 4
An update....on the month from hell, almost-buta silver lining to itall;
This month, I have
(a) had my wife in the hopital 1st, and a extended-care faility 2nd, 3 weeks out ofthe past 4.(She's now discharged medically, but going back every day for therapy classes until the end of this week.)
(b) gave away 1 of the 5 pets last week(TY JESUS!). So, now we're down to the original 2 dog-2 cats.

Well, (a) pretty much covered te reason for the MFH. But things are MOST DEFINITELY(capped for emphasis) lookng up!]

Her hospitalization and fllowup therapy turned out to be, no pun intended, just what the docotr ordered. She acting and feeling better now than I have EVER known her to. Getting up and going to therapy class for 6 hours...the lays down, rests for a while, and does basic household duties while I'm working.
She @ I went to church for the 1st time tiogether in YEARS today. We went to see her family for the 1st time yesterday.
Plus we're getting some much-needed catch-up in **other** areas as well.:_)
Her time in the hospital has given her outlook on life a vast 180 turnaround. Sh apprecaites what she hs, and who she has, more now than ever before. Gives me a reason to **quit** looking and start wanting to come home again.
We're talking, honestly and openly, more so now than ever before, too. Don't tell me we're actually starting to act like a norml couple now!

I know better, after years of disappointment and experience, than to put all my hope in 1 basket. Nor do I expect everything to get better anytime soon.
1 things for sure, though: Things are better than just about ever before.:-)
A cheery update to my original post.
-criscarson-
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement