Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFSpirit Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 347  
Subject: Analyst comments Date: 1/27/2000 4:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Good evening,

Today Prudential reiterated their "strong buy" rating on US Web and set a $65 price target.

However, Dain Rauscher Wessels downgraded the stock yesterday from "strong buy" to "buy" after the company reported EPS in line and revenues better than expected. The analyst told Reuters that the merger integration related risk is high.

How's that for mixed signals :)

Keep Foolish and prosper,

Spirit

PS: David Gardner will be hosting a 10-lesson interactive online seminar on the Rule Breaker investment approach starting February 28th. If you'd like more details on what's included, what it costs, and how to sign up just click on the following link: http://www.foolmart.com/market/product.asp?pfid=mf+2501+d
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rublzrme Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 337 of 347
Subject: Re: Analyst comments Date: 1/28/2000 7:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Looks like the big boys bolted for the door in a big way. Stock down 17% today alone on double the normal volume. Revenues more than doubled year over year and gross profit up 2and half times. They did miss whisper number of .18 on eps. Hope Prudential has a coherent analysis of future merger integration built into its target price.

Author: simonetta One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 339 of 347
Subject: Re: Analyst comments Date: 1/31/2000 3:03 AM
Recommendations: 1
It seems this is the nature of USWB, wild swings. WHITTMAN-HART also took a 12% dive.

Going forward, I think having the strong back office that WHIT brings to the table can only help as they come together.

The last time USWB swung it got all the way down to 17. I doubt it will do that again, but I look back at that number and still wish I had increased my shares.

So that is what I will do this time. If USWB keeps going down I will look at it as a chance to buy. When it got down to 17 last time it moved on up to 50+ a few months later.

I have to ask myself, where will it go this time?

Author: anniesdad Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 341 of 347
Subject: Re: Analyst comments Date: 2/20/2000 2:39 PM
Goodmorning,
I've been doing DD all morning on USWB. Other than the up coming merger with WHIT I really can't find anything wrong. Why is the street beating this stock like a dog?
Scott

Author: rublzrme Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 342 of 347
Subject: Re: Analyst comments Date: 2/20/2000 7:43 PM
Why is the street beating this stock like a dog?Why is the street beating this like a dog?

I'll take a shot at this one. Because they donot like the fact that the merger has clouded prospects for the new entity. They would have preferred that the Uswb merge with another pure web consulting business. The street is taking a wait and see attitude to the merger to see if it can be accomplished successfully with little fuss. The special meeting occurs on 2-28 and the stock will probably continue spiraling downward until then.

Author: fur Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 343 of 347
Subject: Re: Analyst comments Date: 2/21/2000 11:09 AM
Good Morning,

If you have time please explain "The special meeting occurs on 2-28 " Is this when all the puzzle peices will (I hope) be put together and the street will understand.?????

Thanks Steve

Author: rublzrme Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 344 of 347
Subject: Re: Analyst comments Date: 2/21/2000 7:51 PM
Feb 28 is the scheduled merger vote meeting. All the pieces will not actually fall together at that time but the outcome of the shareholder vote will be known. Just my 2cents worth: that up until that time the stock will probably remain at these levels or lower. After everything is legal and finalized hopefully the new reorganized management will offer info regarding the future direction of the company and the likelihood of a smooth integration of both outfits.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement