No. of Recommendations: 0
And as for those not using cellphones... not really an option for me anymore. I don't even have a landline (haven't for years), and I use my phone for so many different things that... heh, it's a must have item to say the least. I use it for work (even have my list of abandoned bikes linked to it via the cloud!), navigation, e-mail, internet, banking, investing, paying bills, games, the remote for my Apple TV, calendar (including alerts), managing all my passwords, tracking medications, radio, podcasts, TV, movies, books, camera, weather, news, my medical records, discounts at stores/restaurants, social media, phone book, sports scores, finding constellations... and sometimes I even use it as a phone itself! That isn't an exhaustive list either. I use Evernote alone to track all my business contacts, all the notes from meetings, all my tax returns (and documents), all my son's school documents, all my wife's documents, tons of Scouting stuff for the pack I'm the committee chair of... Yeah, it's worth its weight in GOLD to me. In fact, more valuable than that, by far.

Colovion

Not sure if that is such a good thing to be so dependent on technology like a SmartPhone. I have a pay as you go Tracfone that I might use once or twice a month and carry it just in case my car breaks down. Like 2828 I really do not like talking on the phone. Instead of using a GPS, I use a road atlas or map. In fact I love looking at maps.

If my $19.98 Tracfone is stolen or gets destroyed, big deal, I'll buy another.

Mike
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement