Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: DFZ Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 11693  
Subject: And now for Prius #3! Date: 11/26/2003 9:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Yeah - I'm hooked! Bought my first Prius (Toyota's Hybrid) in February 2001. It was great: my kids (and their friends)love looking at the display showing how the system switches between gas to electric to gas/electric and we all love it when the car goes electric - its so QUIET!!

Then Poof!! rear-ended nine months later on Thanksgiving Day by a Chevy conversion van (with a driver without insurance) and totalled.... BUT - neither my brother in the passenger seat, nor my two children in the rear seat were even scratched. It was amazing: glass flying everywhere, the folding chairs and almost an entire Thanksgiving dinner in the trunk were destroyed - but we were unscathed!

So I went right back and bought Prius #2. Still delighted!

My 'boy friend' started looking for a replacement to his 1991 Toyota Forerunner about one month ago, so I gave him several articles on buying new vs. used cars (trying to emphasize the 'used'). He "narrowed" his choices down to: Audi A6, several models of Volvo, a Porsche (ha!), and maybe another Toyota... He showed up the other day with... you guessed it: a brand-new 2004 Prius. And he LOVES it!

When I asked how the Prius came into the picture, and won, he said it was because one of the articles I gave him said the purchase of an automobile is a choice we make that will significantly affect the environment. So he test-drove a Prius and was very impressed with the technology, the price, the comfort, and the (small) exterior with an amazingly roomy interior.

I agree - I like his new Prius even more than mine! Toyota made all the right changes and they took their time doing it.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement