UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: wildgirl Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308686  
Subject: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/18/2003 1:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 34
I was born January 18th 1953. I have lived 50 wonderful years. I need to lose 20 lbs, have a bit of Botox injected in the wrinkles, and rid myself of 15K of old credit card debt. In addition, a new man would be nice. Tonight I will stay warm and watch the Rolling Stones in concert on HBO. Low key to be sure but next month is the party.

For the 2nd half of my wonderful life, I am going to try and pay off the debts I have run up in the last decades. No more fiscal follies!

wild :)
having a Happy Birthday, really!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MikePSD Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149601 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/18/2003 2:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Wild,
Happy Birthday and many more. Always a pleasure reading your posts. I am just a few days behind you. Will be celebrating Wednesday.

Mike

Author: sassygirl6 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149611 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/18/2003 4:28 PM
Recommendations: 2
Happy Happy Birthday, Wild L!

I'm really enjoying your posts and your contagious exuberance for life! Thanks for being here and sharing your exploits and adventures! The Fool is a better place for your being here!

I love a girl who understands the proper and generous use of exclamation points!

Sassy!

ps - I'm glad you went for the haircut yesterday. Some of us girls (whether wild- or sassy-) need a wee bit of pampering from time to time, and a special birthday is a very good reason! Enjoy your day!

pps - Don't do the Botox. Get the man and the wrinkles may disappear on their own!

Author: blue3dragon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149615 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/18/2003 5:52 PM
Recommendations: 2
Happy Birthday Wild!!!!!!

have a bit of Botox injected in the wrinkles

My mom, @ 65, loves telling her women friends that the best way to get rid of wrinkles is to go braless! Must have gotten it in an email as she is not that free wheeling, but maybe that strategy might work for you. Never should you pay someone to inject you with poison!

Have a good evening and try to keep the trailer toasty...it's freezing out!

blue3dragon

Author: eachna Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149619 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/18/2003 6:40 PM
Happy birthday Wild...

Dinky and Killer and Psyche, my trio of wonderful and wiggly weasels, all wish you very happy returns :).

Are you taking that trip to Florida you promised yourself?

Gwen

Author: wildgirl Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149620 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/18/2003 6:42 PM
Lots to pay off first.. but my youngest and I are talking about it maybe at the end of the year. We have never had any kind of time together to speak of.

wild L :)

Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149625 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/18/2003 6:56 PM
Recommendations: 0
Happy Birthday, WILD!!!!

Ishtar

Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149628 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/18/2003 7:15 PM
Happy Birthday!

I may drive down to FL later this year. If I do, you must take train to NYC and join me on the road.

peace & your fifth ten year birth anniversary
t

Author: dtschet Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149637 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/18/2003 8:46 PM
Happy Birthday!

:) Taping Stones tonite! :)

I turned 53 last month so we are about the same vintage.

Ever catch Stones in concert? Saw them in Hartford, CT recently - Great!!!

Yeah, I know what you mean about the 20 lbs.!!!

Once you hit 50 - your life just begins.

Best,

Donna

Author: KingHugh Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149638 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/18/2003 8:53 PM
Happy Birthday Sweetie. And a toast to the next 50 years, may you have your health, and good fortune. <whisper mode: and a new man>

Author: Capcon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149643 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/18/2003 10:16 PM
Recommendations: 3
was born January 18th 1953. I have lived 50 wonderful years

As was I...and I think one or two others on the board. To be precise, I was born at 11:11 PM on 1/18/53 so I still have about another hour of 49 left in me.

Happy Birthday Wild, and to all the rest of us 18th babies. May 2003 find us (and everyone else) well on the way to debt freedom.

Cap

Author: FuskieFool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149647 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/18/2003 10:53 PM
Recommendations: 4
My niece turned 4 today. If she could think beyond her Barbie in the Pool and chocolate cake "with lots of colors", I am sure she would wish you a Happy Birthday - and say you are SO OLD! <grin>

She is so dramatic for a 4 yr old.

Speaking of Florida, I recently booked my 10th annual Atlanta Braves Spring Training trip to Florida, the 6th yr at Disney World. Basebally by day, Pleasure Island by night. Now true, Disney is no cheap ticket, but this is my one vacation of the year, and I begain saving for it immediately after the last trip (direct deposit to a savings account with my credit union) so the I already have it half paid for, and the rest I can carry out of disposable cash.

Other than my current battle with Blue, my credit card situation is fine. All my debt (besides car and home) is in an equity line at 4.25% on which I am paying interest plus principle each month. I do not think I it is a problem (I am using only 20% of the equity line and my home has appreciated some 66% since I took opened it (according to my property tax valuation).

Still, I am concerned that much of it is consumr-related and not equity-building but it has been a tight couple of years (I work for and own some of that stock that lost 85% over the last 2 years. I am positioning my retirement fund to take advantage of any recovery, and I have hopes the company will rebound late this year. I realize that my problems are ones of perception compared to the truly difficult situations many of the posters here are facing.

I have been reading here the last few weeks, especially about you, Wild, and I think the biggest lesson I have learned is that with the right attitude, I can weather anything. Either you are one terrific writer of reality fiction or you are a special someone who has looked their demons in the eye, swallowed there pride, and decided to open their life for the education of all who want to listen.

I do not know if you will consider yourself a winner with still so much left to do, but I think you should. When I grow up to be old and 50, I want to be just like you!

FuskieFool

Author: 7karen Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149648 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/18/2003 10:56 PM
Happy birthday!

- karen

Author: W505a Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149663 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/19/2003 1:58 AM
Happy Golden Birthday, Wild! My birthday was also this week.

Hope it wasn't too cold. Mine generally is! (It didn't bother me as a kid though.)

Author: WayStar Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149668 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/19/2003 10:04 AM
Hi - I'm a little late to the party, been driving back west from OH.

Happy Birthday, Wild!

Hugs and kisses and a handful of Pez,
WayStar

Author: foolwizard Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149693 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/19/2003 6:46 PM
Happy Belated 50th, Wild!

Wishing you fitness, more beautiful laugh lines, and less debt in the coming year. ENJOY!

foolwizard

Author: sturne01 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149726 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/20/2003 10:42 AM
Wild:

Happy birthday and many many more...50 ain't half bad. You have a great life a head of you. Enjoy this day and the many more to come.

Now back under my rock.

Spence, who passed the half-century mark 13 years past.

Author: LuluB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149734 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/20/2003 11:45 AM
Happy Birthday Wild!

Author: Neglectarino Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149811 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/21/2003 10:06 AM
I was away from the boards this weekend so I didn't get to wish you a happy birthday on the 18th, but wanted to give you my best wishes for a wonderfully wild year! Happy birthday & congratulations!

-Neglectarino

Author: criscarson Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149823 of 308686
Subject: Re: And now for the rest of my life!! OT! Date: 1/21/2003 12:26 PM
For the 2nd half of my wonderful life, I am going to try and pay off the debts I have run up in the last decades. No more fiscal follies!
>>>>>

only 15 years to Social Security....and more than half dead!:-)
<JK Wild, you're still my favorite Old Person>
Happy Birthday and smiles,

-criscarson-

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement