UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 80213  
Subject: And now "A word from the "Wise."& Date: 8/10/1999 3:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Got the following link in today's E-mail introducing Merrill-Lynch's Unlimited Advantage service.

http://www.plan.ml.com/zine/personal/perstory187a.html

I must confess that I don't see much of an "advantage" to any of this.

Anyone paying an "advisor" 0.30% of assets to manage his "cash" will have a hard time accumulating his first million -- reaching the $10 million plateau on the fee table entitling you to "customized pricing" is probably a pipe dream.

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rjm1 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13054 of 80213
Subject: Re: And now "A word from the "Wise.&qu Date: 8/10/1999 9:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Anyone paying an "advisor" 0.30% of assets to manage his
"cash" will have a hard time accumulating his first million --
reaching the $10 million plateau on the fee table entitling you
to "customized pricing" is probably a pipe dream.

They are not in business to make you a million, but to make themselves a million.

Author: squirrelbate Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13064 of 80213
Subject: Re: And now "A word from the "Wise.&qu Date: 8/11/1999 10:52 AM
I must confess that I don't see much of an "advantage" to any of this.

Anyone paying an "advisor" 0.30% of assets to manage his "cash" will have a hard time
accumulating his first million -- reaching the $10 million plateau on the fee table entitling
you to "customized pricing" is probably a pipe dream.

I received information about 'Unlimited Advantage' too, although it offered an annual fee of 'no more than 1% of all you have with us' (minimum fee, $1,500). Since this about the amount we've paid in the past what is the 'ADVANTAGE?'
I am a new Fool and it will take a while to divest ourselves of the Wise although that is the goal.
Wish us luck.
the squirrel

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread