UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76418  
Subject: And now "A word from the "Wise."& Date: 8/10/1999 3:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Got the following link in today's E-mail introducing Merrill-Lynch's Unlimited Advantage service.

http://www.plan.ml.com/zine/personal/perstory187a.html

I must confess that I don't see much of an "advantage" to any of this.

Anyone paying an "advisor" 0.30% of assets to manage his "cash" will have a hard time accumulating his first million -- reaching the $10 million plateau on the fee table entitling you to "customized pricing" is probably a pipe dream.

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rjm1 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13054 of 76418
Subject: Re: And now "A word from the "Wise.&qu Date: 8/10/1999 9:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Anyone paying an "advisor" 0.30% of assets to manage his
"cash" will have a hard time accumulating his first million --
reaching the $10 million plateau on the fee table entitling you
to "customized pricing" is probably a pipe dream.

They are not in business to make you a million, but to make themselves a million.

Author: squirrelbate Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13064 of 76418
Subject: Re: And now "A word from the "Wise.&qu Date: 8/11/1999 10:52 AM
I must confess that I don't see much of an "advantage" to any of this.

Anyone paying an "advisor" 0.30% of assets to manage his "cash" will have a hard time
accumulating his first million -- reaching the $10 million plateau on the fee table entitling
you to "customized pricing" is probably a pipe dream.

I received information about 'Unlimited Advantage' too, although it offered an annual fee of 'no more than 1% of all you have with us' (minimum fee, $1,500). Since this about the amount we've paid in the past what is the 'ADVANTAGE?'
I am a new Fool and it will take a while to divest ourselves of the Wise although that is the goal.
Wish us luck.
the squirrel

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement