UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Theobald64 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1976302  
Subject: Re: fauxcahontas issue resonates with voters Date: 10/8/2012 7:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
And since there's no proof that she didn't, you assume she did. That's your usual method, right?

To be fair (and I know that is the last thing on your mind), there was no proof that Romney had tax problems of any sort. The left assumed that he did. Indeed, Harry Reid assumed that Romney paid zero tax for a decade because someone he still won't identify told him so.

On Warren, there is no real need to take the step that there was an overt quid pro quo. The fact that she presented herself as a member of an Indian tribe to the point where it was in directories and to the point where she is listed as a "minority member" is weird enough.

The larger issue it that this little incident shows just how broken the entire racial/sexual/cultural scene is in academia. Now the liberal media, anyway, has presented a totally relativist stance on the subject, saying basically that a white woman checking the box to get the implicit bennies of Affirmative Action intended for people of color, even in the abstract, is fine with them. In fact, this article in Time takes it even further than that - basically saying that you are whatever you say you are with respect to race.

Check this mind-blowing quote out:

Warren has every right to define herself and to do so in a multifaceted way. Racial identity, for mixed Americans, need not be an either/or situation; it can be a both/and. The only way we could truly gauge Warren’s Indian-ness would be to see how much being an American Indian means to her.

http://ideas.time.com/2012/10/05/elizabeth-warren-and-the-my...

This is pretty amazing stuff and if I am reading this right, it means the total end of AA. This guy is basically saying that if it means a lot to you, you are whatever you call yourself.

Well, who knew? This means I can call myself an American Indian too and check the block and get the goodies as well. I have "family lore" that says I am part Cherokee and part Mingo, in greater proportion than Ms. Warren (as it is supposedly 1/32 or maybe 1/64) and it is meaning more to me every single day. I don't know how long I can hold my inner Indian in!!

The liberals are deeply weird. I mean this is weird . To save Elizabeth Warren from herself, the left and the libs in the media have basically said that race is whatever you feel it is.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Dividend Growth Investing

Good Time for Dividend Champions?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement