Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Tuni Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 442556  
Subject: and so the worm turns.... Date: 10/5/2012 10:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
yet again:

"(CNN) - Mitt Romney said he was "completely wrong" when he argued that nearly half of Americans were "victims" and dependent on government.

The admission came Thursday as the GOP presidential candidate sought to clarify his controversial "47%" comments.

"Clearly in a campaign with hundreds if not thousands of speeches and question-and-answer sessions, now and then you're going to say something that doesn't come out right," Romney said on Fox News. "In this case, I said something that's just completely wrong.""

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/04/romney-on-47...

(could it be he would like to be elected?) ;)) Etch-a-sketching again...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410385 of 442556
Subject: Re: and so the worm turns.... Date: 10/5/2012 10:46 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Romney is a professional salesman, and he was very good at it in the private sector. If you learn nothing else as asurvival skill in America, realize that salesmen lie. Salesmen are not your friends when they are trying to sell you.

Clinton is a dam* good salesman, too.( "Honest Monica, that was a cigar I put in your mouth")

I'm ashamed. I apologize. I'll go away now.

Author: dlbuffy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410390 of 442556
Subject: Re: and so the worm turns.... Date: 10/5/2012 10:59 AM
"Etch-a-sketching again..."

Want to make sure this got repeated.

Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410393 of 442556
Subject: Re: and so the worm turns.... Date: 10/5/2012 11:04 AM
Recommendations: 4
The Clinton/Rommey comparisons are more apt than I care to admit.

If Romney were a Democrat, he would have moved as far to the left as necessary to win the nomination and then to the right to win the election. There's no way anybody can tell if he actually believes anything about anything.

The gap between Obama and Romney is not that great. The chasm exists between the two parties.

The gap between Gore and Bush was much greater.

And the deal that allowed the banks and brokerage giants to blow up the economy occurred when Clinton cut a deal with the Republican Congress to eliminate Glass - Steagall.

One could argue that the beginning of the end was Reagan. Or one could argue that the beginning of the end was the Republican takeover of Congress in 1992.

I am less emotional about this election than many here, because I believe that the battle for the soul of America was lost several decades ago. Obama just gave me a fleeting hope that is now being dashed. Not so much out of disappointment with him as the belief that the deck is too strongly stacked in favor of the banks and multinationals and we are too easily duped to do anyting about the systemic issues.

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410396 of 442556
Subject: Re: and so the worm turns.... Date: 10/5/2012 11:24 AM
The gap between Obama and Romney is not that great. The chasm exists
between the two parties.

IMO

The chasm exists betweent he fringes of the party. Although in perhaps the last four years the fringe has taken over the Republican.

.One could argue that the beginning of the end was Reagan

I try to point that out once a day.

I am less emotional about this election than many here, because I believe that the battle for the soul of America was lost several decades ago. Obama just gave me a fleeting hope that is now being dashed. Not so much out of disappointment with him as the belief that the deck is too strongly stacked in favor of the banks and multinationals and we are too easily duped to do anyting about the systemic issues.

Bravo

Ever try fly fishing? Be happy to take you. Within two generations you'll have to be a millionaire to do it because there will be a scarcity of clear cold running water.

Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410397 of 442556
Subject: Re: and so the worm turns.... Date: 10/5/2012 11:30 AM
Recommendations: 0
goof: "Ever try fly fishing? Be happy to take you. Within two generations you'll have to be a millionaire to do it because there will be a scarcity of clear cold running water."

Beware making an offer like that to me. I live in Richmond, VA and have a beach house in Nags Head. I took a fishing lesson last summer from the guy who fixes our beach house because I want to be able to take my grandson fishing if he shows an interest. I would be willing to learn to fly fish in the streams in the Shenandoah National Park or salt water fish (kayak or wading, not motorboat) in Nags Head.

I do hike a fair amount and hiking season for me may start tomorrow, weather permitting.

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 410399 of 442556
Subject: Re: and so the worm turns.... Date: 10/5/2012 11:43 AM
Recommendations: 0
Be happy to show you the ropes of trout fishing. I live in Glen Burnie, MD. Never fished VA but always wanted to. We'll talk about it in the late winter. I don't know anything about saltwater fishing, but trout fishing is another matter.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement