Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ricebowlsoupe Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 33  
Subject: And the pain goes on Date: 1/22/2005 11:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I visited my friend at the hospital on Thursday night. He had surgery on Wed. night to remove all the infected tissue on his leg. They then vacumn pack it so they have to do the procedure less often...very painful.

He has the pictures of his children on the wall opposite his bed...their school pictures from last fall. They were in first grade.

I gave him an iPod with Bach and other classical music on it that I know he likes. He says that he used it at first to sleep and now he puts it on and looks at their pictures; the music helps him to grieve with tears.

His wife is still in ICU...so many problems. She had the ten-hour surgery cutting 4 cm of necrotic bone and attaching steel braces to the bone to fuse it together. Her lungs are still not functioning normally and she has a fungus infection in her blood stream from the tubing in her nose for four weeks. When it clears up, they are going to do a tracheotomy because she just isn't getting better in her breathing on her own.

I'm getting incredible heartfelt donations for their post-medical assistance fund. I never knew people could be so generous...people who have little to spare.

And this is one family's story in this huge catastrophic event.

What possible good can come from this...no rhyme or reason and my friend says he isn't angry...no one to be angry with.

His spirit and that of his wife who is fighting for her life and her leg blow me away.

RBS
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement