UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: hiwave Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 410  
Subject: Re: Wilderness Lodge the Best? Date: 3/11/2005 4:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
And to get somewhere from there can entail quite a long wait. The bus system is abysmal - as it is throughout the property. There are often long lines for the infrequent boats to the contemporary and the MK. Often after dinner we must wait for several boats before we are allowed to board one...and then we'll grab whatever we can!

I haven't used the bus system that much, when we have it was quite timely. No problems at all, but we usually have a car so I could have just been lucky. However, our experiences with the boats were totally different from what you describe. We have never had much of a wait. The one time we had to wait was when we left from the MK right after the fireworks (big mistake).

I have used the bus system a lot from the WL. It's not any different than any of the other resorts when you have to take a bus. It's the luck of the draw. Sometimes you get there right when one is arriving, other times you have just missed one and you have to wait 20 minutes. And actually it might be a little better because you don't have to share the bus with more than one resort (Fort Wilderness on some routes and Grand Floridian on some other routes). At some of the other resorts you have to share it with 2, 3 or 4 resorts at a time. As far as the boat goes, I think it is great. You definitely don't have to wait as long for a boat as you do for a bus. At the peek times they have 3 boats running between the MK, WL and Fort Wilderness. Now as dmcostello said, you don't want to catch the boat right after the fireworks. You will be waiting a long time. Either you leave before the fireworks or you hang out in the park and have a dessert or shop for 30-45 minutes to let the crowd go down.

Wave
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement