UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: grouse100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7130  
Subject: And what exactly is wrong w/this Date: 7/17/2012 9:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Why was post 634157 in RECF pulled - And TMF do not dodge this. You owe us a response to your liberal bias!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: whafa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7004 of 7130
Subject: Re: And what exactly is wrong w/this Date: 7/17/2012 9:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Copyright violation.

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7005 of 7130
Subject: Re: And what exactly is wrong w/this Date: 7/17/2012 10:07 AM
Why was post 634157 in RECF pulled

Didn't see it. It would help if you gave a hint.

Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7006 of 7130
Subject: Re: And what exactly is wrong w/this Date: 7/17/2012 10:14 AM
Recommendations: 54
As whafa surmised, it was removed for copyright. We encourage members to post a link to original material and accompany with their own thoughts. Quotations of protected material, if any, should be short.

Or it's our liberal bias, your choice.

Richard

Author: looseinthehead Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7007 of 7130
Subject: Re: And what exactly is wrong w/this Date: 7/17/2012 12:53 PM
Recommendations: 70
If TMF truly had a liberal bias, RECF and that Black and White Minstrel Show known as HURL would have been shut down ages ago.

Just sayin'.

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7008 of 7130
Subject: Re: And what exactly is wrong w/this Date: 7/18/2012 7:49 AM
Recommendations: 1
TMF can't help it if 3/4 of its entire discussion board is dominated by the Looney Left.

Author: Hochizen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7009 of 7130
Subject: Re: And what exactly is wrong w/this Date: 7/18/2012 9:21 AM
Recommendations: 12
Difference between conservative posters and liberal posters:

Conservative posters get something pulled and cry, scream, kick their feet and hold their breath until their face turns blue.

Liberal posters get a post pulled and write something else.

Last week, I got a post pulled responding I think to Aryanjoe or a name kinda like that.

I didn't even try to figure out the reason. Who cares? If your life is so empty that having a post pulled makes you throw a tantrum, then really, you should pick up a hobby or talk to a therapist.

Author: looseinthehead Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7010 of 7130
Subject: Re: And what exactly is wrong w/this Date: 7/18/2012 1:02 PM
Recommendations: 2
If your life is so empty that having a post pulled makes you throw a tantrum, then really, you should pick up a hobby or talk to a therapist.

Or share a seclusion room on Nurse Ratched's Disturbed Ward with a stable of Glenn Limnity clones.

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7011 of 7130
Subject: Re: And what exactly is wrong w/this Date: 7/18/2012 2:48 PM
Last week, I got a post pulled responding I think to Aryanjoe or a name kinda like that.

Although you tried to make a joke of your pulled post you still started a thread to let everyone know. It is the same as being a cry baby over a pulled post.
Try doing what I do, never mention it and go on your merry way.

Author: whafa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7012 of 7130
Subject: Re: And what exactly is wrong w/this Date: 7/18/2012 3:08 PM
Recommendations: 4
Try doing what I do, never mention it and go on your merry way.

Maybe try a little harder next time.

Author: TeraGram Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7013 of 7130
Subject: Re: And what exactly is wrong w/this Date: 7/19/2012 9:01 AM
If your life is so empty that having a post pulled makes you throw a tantrum, then really, you should pick up a hobby or talk to a therapist.

I think writing posts purposefully to get pulled and complaining about it is his hobby.

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7014 of 7130
Subject: Re: And what exactly is wrong w/this Date: 7/19/2012 9:50 AM
I think writing posts purposefully to get pulled and complaining about it is his hobby.

Hi Tera,

As long as I've known Mike, his main hobby and primary focus on TMF has been helping fellow community members fix their computers. He has helped many do so about as expeditiously as one can. I can't count how many. I would venture hundreds, maybe thousands. He helped me set up Net Use statements on our office LAN so the printers worked like we wanted and needed them to. He let me know, politely, that the email account that I use for TMF was throwing viruses to people on my contact list, and helped clear the matter. He's helped many others effectively rid their computers of viruses and other malware.

He probably didn't need to and shouldn't have added the "liberal" and "you owe" comments. Richard answered his question appropriately.

Best regards,

Bob

Author: TeraGram Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7015 of 7130
Subject: Re: And what exactly is wrong w/this Date: 7/19/2012 10:43 PM
You've confused avocation with hobby.

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7016 of 7130
Subject: Re: And what exactly is wrong w/this Date: 7/20/2012 1:47 AM
You've confused avocation with hobby.

AFAIK, Mike has never been directly paid anything by TMF, or any community member. I certainly never received a bill, in any form, from him, and have never paid him anything - While what he is capable of and has done may be an avocation, I don't think (pretty sure) that Mike has ever charged for his services to fellow TMF community members.

I really don't think I confused anything - I really don't *think* Mike is getting wealthy, or even covering his cost, effort and time from what he contributes to TMF community members. I don't get your comment, Tera.

Respectfully,
Bob

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7017 of 7130
Subject: Re: And what exactly is wrong w/this Date: 7/20/2012 9:02 AM
I thought avocation meant the following 2nd definition:

av·o·ca·tion

NOUN:

1. An activity taken up in addition to one's regular work or profession, usually for enjoyment; a hobby.
2. One's regular work or profession.
3. Archaic A distraction or diversion.

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/avocat...

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7018 of 7130
Subject: Re: And what exactly is wrong w/this Date: 7/21/2012 10:25 PM
Your regular work or profession is your vocation, not your avocation.

Author: looseinthehead Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7019 of 7130
Subject: Re: And what exactly is wrong w/this Date: 7/23/2012 7:40 PM
Recommendations: 69

;)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement