Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: LucyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 122227  
Subject: Re: Ugly has AIDS Date: 6/11/2000 2:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Andrea:

If I were in your situation I think I would talk to my Vet and see if he has another pet parent who has an FIV infected kitty, maybe such a person would take Ugly in. If your Vet. thinks that's possible you could also call other local Vets & see if you could put a note on their bulletin boards.

I'd give it a little time (1 week, 2 weeks??) and if no home could be found I'd put the little guy out of his misery.

If you turn him loose, he's going to infect other animals.

I was in a similar situation with a battered and neglected "tom" cat. He kept showing up in my yard when he'd had a fight, would stick around until I had his cuts cleaned and on the mend and then he'd be off until he got hurt again (during one of his visits he helped a new kitty who had adopted me get pregnant). The last time he stopped by he was too far gone to heal & I had to call animal control. I felt that I'd given him a year or so more lifetime than he would have had on his own. Moral: take solace in what you've done to ease him on his way, Andrea.

Good luck,

Lucy
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement